View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Question to our Slovenian friends 

Hello,

I got a question to our friends from Slovenia here. Since we will have quite a long journey to Metaldays (from Germany) and we will take the car, we thought about buying our supplies in Tolmin. So I wanted to ask, how much do beer and other drinks cost in Slovenia? And how is it with meat and other stuff for barbecue? It would be nice if someone could help me.

Greetings :)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Invictus wrote:
Hello,

I got a question to our friends from Slovenia here. Since we will have quite a long journey to Metaldays (from Germany) and we will take the car, we thought about buying our supplies in Tolmin. So I wanted to ask, how much do beer and other drinks cost in Slovenia? And how is it with meat and other stuff for barbecue? It would be nice if someone could help me.

Greetings :)

we have camp shop at the festival where you can buy beer for 1€, and also meat for bbq, and other things. it cost mostly like in the regular shop.
just look for hells kitchen canteen....

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, thanks! That sounds good. And how about the prices in the normal shops/supermarkets? Would be nice to know about the average prices of beer cans.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:48 pm

beer is somewhere around 0,90€-1,15€, 6pack of beer somewhere around 6€ (assuming you will buy our beer Laško)
(until MD13 prices may change but they are pretty close to that)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Ah okay, thanks a lot! I will definitely try your beer, though I guess I'm quite used to good beer ;) But not only Germans make good beer of course^^

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:49 pm

I think you will like Laško :D

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 pm

This year we also came to Tolmin from Germany. Shopping in the supermarket (which is very close to the camp-area) is absolutely no problem, you can get almost everything you need and the beer is definitely "ok" :-D (when you drink it near the fucking awesome river, surrounded by all those great metalheads, it even tastes like heaven!)
But I would recommend you to buy "5-Minuten-Terrinen" or "Dosenravioli" and all that kind of stuff in Germany, because they do not have as many different kinds as we have and I think it even costs a few cents more over there.

Does anybody know whether the supermarkets change the prices during the festival-week? We expected everything to be a lot cheaper than in Germany, but in fact the prices were actually nearly the same as here...?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 am

Iridium wrote:
This year we also came to Tolmin from Germany. Shopping in the supermarket (which is very close to the camp-area) is absolutely no problem, you can get almost everything you need and the beer is definitely "ok" :-D (when you drink it near the fucking awesome river, surrounded by all those great metalheads, it even tastes like heaven!)
But I would recommend you to buy "5-Minuten-Terrinen" or "Dosenravioli" and all that kind of stuff in Germany, because they do not have as many different kinds as we have and I think it even costs a few cents more over there.

Does anybody know whether the supermarkets change the prices during the festival-week? We expected everything to be a lot cheaper than in Germany, but in fact the prices were actually nearly the same as here...?

no price changes. slovenia is bitch expensive since we were graced with EU "mitglidschaft".

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am
Profile WWW

high prices, low salaries :S

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Okay, thank you all a lot! :) Especially Iridium, we will take care of your advice...maybe we'll see each other on the festival ;)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next