View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
What happened to METAL days? 

heinzsz wrote:
ähm Boban.
If I'd be you i would delete this thread now and put all those blokes on the blocklist

All those blokes form what ... 80% still active forum population? Apart from this thread those blokes actively participate also in help and question threads with answers, suggestions, experiences, etc. to metaldays newcomers. Not many other forum members do that.

Luckily you're not Boban. He may have big ego and not most diplomatic attitude, however as far as I know he was never afraid an argument. Beside that it's better to keep things and discuss in this one thread instead of whining around in other social media and forums. It's rather hard to censor things nowaday on internet.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 am

Wombat wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:
Oh, really?
What is this if not I am more metal than you?
..."now a days their agenda is to promote hippie stuff, not to make good METAL festival"...
..."Btw. will at least 5th "TBA yet" be some decent metal band or we're sticking mainly with pop-rock-hardrock headlining stuff + some mediocre metal addition supporting them now?...
...and so on...

Considering all your knowledge about scene and festival organisation I suggest you guys shall come together and make your own festival. I am not joking...

You see, this is your issue. You quote 2 posts from the same guy and forget of all the rest (of a 5 page discussion!!). You ignore everything else and concentrate on 2 lines to consider it a keyboard warrior attitude by all posters.

Classic Bo, your most recent comment concentrates on my first sentence and ignores the rest.

I remind you that you suggested to make a 30 bands list and give us the reasons why you didn't consider them for MD. I even put a thought out one, with bands that were active and current touring. You are not obliged to answer, but if you make a suggestion, at least consider it carefully, otherwise it's bullshit posting.
And I'm certainly not as experienced as you in organizing events (and I'm not interested in a "who has the longest dick contest", mind you), but when I refuted some of your arguments based on my own experience, you ignore it again and short-trim quotes to the stupidest posts.

So you just ramble and miss the point. I'm not surprised as arguments over the Internet are mostly a waste of time, more so when some people post dumb shit and trim quotes that don't answer questions.

Those are comments by two forum members...

I answered regarding your list already...here again; Some of played last year, some are not available and most were not offered to us out of reasons that are not known to me. We are not chasing bands...bands offer themselves...this is how this business works. If they do not offer themselves we assume that; 1st they are not available, 2nd they are not active at the moment, 3rd they are not interested in our festival, 4th they just don't give a fuck about anything.

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

Bo_MH wrote:
Wombat wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:
Oh, really?
What is this if not I am more metal than you?
..."now a days their agenda is to promote hippie stuff, not to make good METAL festival"...
..."Btw. will at least 5th "TBA yet" be some decent metal band or we're sticking mainly with pop-rock-hardrock headlining stuff + some mediocre metal addition supporting them now?...
...and so on...

Considering all your knowledge about scene and festival organisation I suggest you guys shall come together and make your own festival. I am not joking...

You see, this is your issue. You quote 2 posts from the same guy and forget of all the rest (of a 5 page discussion!!). You ignore everything else and concentrate on 2 lines to consider it a keyboard warrior attitude by all posters.

Classic Bo, your most recent comment concentrates on my first sentence and ignores the rest.

I remind you that you suggested to make a 30 bands list and give us the reasons why you didn't consider them for MD. I even put a thought out one, with bands that were active and current touring. You are not obliged to answer, but if you make a suggestion, at least consider it carefully, otherwise it's bullshit posting.
And I'm certainly not as experienced as you in organizing events (and I'm not interested in a "who has the longest dick contest", mind you), but when I refuted some of your arguments based on my own experience, you ignore it again and short-trim quotes to the stupidest posts.

So you just ramble and miss the point. I'm not surprised as arguments over the Internet are mostly a waste of time, more so when some people post dumb shit and trim quotes that don't answer questions.

Those are comments by two forum members...

I answered regarding your list already...here again; Some of played last year, some are not available and most were not offered to us out of reasons that are not known to me. We are not chasing bands...bands offer themselves...this is how this business works. If they do not offer themselves we assume that; 1st they are not available, 2nd they are not active at the moment, 3rd they are not interested in our festival, 4th they just don't give a fuck about anything.

Regardless of my opinion of the lineup (which, as I said before, isn't quite what I hoped but still has plenty enough for me to be happy). I did find it genuinely interesting that promoters don't actively pursue bands to get them to play which is what I assumed happened at least for part of the upper lineup. I assume this is only possible because MD is now well established and you can safely assume that managers etc. know about the festival?

I suppose thinking about it, the idea of a promoter having some kind of vision of his lineup and then having to contact every single band in the hope they can play is a bit ridiculous

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 pm

jonnny wrote:
I suppose thinking about it, the idea of a promoter having some kind of vision of his lineup and then having to contact every single band in the hope they can play is a bit ridiculous

That is what a lot small/medium festivals mostly do.
Large ones (or even huge ones like HF) also contact individually if they have a keen interest in a particular band in order to offer something more original and rare (aka. not on every other festival line-up every year).
Also, a lot of bands don't actively sell themselves and mostly wait for promoters to contact them if they stick to individual appearances without extensive touring.

Many festivals that just sit back and wait the emails to pour in (like MD) end up having unremarkable line-ups because it's just cherry picking the flavor of the month. Can't hope to offer something interesting if no effort is invested. It's a very valid fest model to make things easier, if not particularly involved in the music department of course (which is odd for a music fest :lol: ).

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Wombat wrote:
jonnny wrote:

Large ones (or even huge ones like HF) also contact individually if they have a keen interest in a particular band in order to offer something more original and rare (aka. not on every other festival line-up every year).
Also, a lot of bands don't actively sell themselves and mostly wait for promoters to contact them if they stick to individual appearances without extensive touring.

Many festivals that just sit back and wait the emails to pour in (like MD) end up having unremarkable line-ups because it's just cherry picking the flavor of the month. Can't hope to offer something interesting if no effort is invested. It's a very valid fest model to make things easier, if not particularly involved in the music department of course (which is odd for a music fest :lol: ).

I'm one of those people who considers Metaldays more of a holiday with a music festival attached to be honest. For me the lineup is fine, there's a couple of headliners on each stage that I want to see and a few others throughout the week. My disappointment only comes from not finding anything different or interesting (such as Nine treasures last year) but it's just personal taste.

Is now the time for me to put in a suggestion for a Dubstep/Drum N Bass takeover at the beach bar one night? I like a bit of variety to my music but fairly sure that would get hate filled responses from certain people at the festival!

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Wombat wrote:
jonnny wrote:

With all your knowledge about festival organisation and booking you shall start on your own.

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:15 pm
Profile WWW

Bo_MH wrote:
With all your knowledge about festival organisation and booking you shall start on your own.

Nah, there are already enough fests with good line-ups ;) Plus I wouldn't really have the time to make something big as I don't live off music, and it's not my intention. I'll just stick to organizing small gigs with underground bands in remote locations 8-)

jonnny wrote:
Is now the time for me to put in a suggestion for a Dubstep/Drum N Bass takeover at the beach bar one night? I like a bit of variety to my music but fairly sure that would get hate filled responses from certain people at the festival!

Wouldn't mind that. Not sure of Dubstep though :lol: But some electro related to "metal" like the current synthwave hype (Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, etc.) would be ace! Could also help improve the music offer of MD, as its metal department will seemingly remain lackluster hehehe....

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Wombat wrote:
jonnny wrote:

Hand pickd bands are usually a lot better than if you just get to choose from what youve been offered to

You can do lineups in both ways but other way imo is better strategy

Call that a quality control if you will

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Wombat wrote:
And to be honest, I'm not sure about your underground non-touring band explanation. I know it was an overall view so there might always be exceptions, but from my experience, a lot of small quality bands don't cost that much.
Sometimes they don't even have a fee... and I'm talking about established bands signed to good labels! (Ok, that was a very rare example ;) ) But 99% of the time, they cost waaay less than the figure you mentioned and don't multiply by 3 their fee if not touring.

I'm not really keen on forum debates, but did you check the 2nd stage bands? The smaller bands there is just what you want, with good labels, established and with active touring. (Obviously) Not probably the bands you had in mind... but it's just what you're talking about. You should check them a bit more if you don't know them... you'll most definitly find some gems.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 pm

What gems? Stop kidding us.
I can find 2 or 3 decent 3rd or 4th tier bands and this is it. + a lot of hippie/jazz/pop/rock crap + some unimportant 4th tier thrash no one cares about, but they most likely got them cheap.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next