View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
What happened to METAL days? 

Bo_MH wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:
To be honest, I even don't know many of those bands...

yeah, thats why MD organisation needs persons (if there isnt now none) who are into metal scene and know whats going on there!

Bo_MH wrote:
but the fact is that 90% of those bands do not offer themselves for MD...not their agents do...in case they have one. in 90% of the cases this work exactly the way I said...agent or bands are offering them...it is not that promoters are looking for bands. I am pretty sure that 98% of all bands that are available is ending in my inbox. The ones that do not are unavailable or just not professional enough to let promoters know they are available.

so if some agent offers shit to MD you don't say no because you don't have no idea what there selling to you?

Keyboard Warrior par excellence :)
It is always surprisingly amusing how those that never did anything and have nothing to show knows better than those that are successful in what they do.

Wow, what an ego maniac. Did you really just said that? Because other people don't have job where they are successful at and come to metaldays from random parts of the world with help of charity institutions and social benefits, right?
If your music program would be just as great as your ego, but sadly that's not the case.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:37 am

Rockster wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:

yeah, thats why MD organisation needs persons (if there isnt now none) who are into metal scene and know whats going on there!

Bo_MH wrote:
but the fact is that 90% of those bands do not offer themselves for MD...not their agents do...in case they have one. in 90% of the cases this work exactly the way I said...agent or bands are offering them...it is not that promoters are looking for bands. I am pretty sure that 98% of all bands that are available is ending in my inbox. The ones that do not are unavailable or just not professional enough to let promoters know they are available.

so if some agent offers shit to MD you don't say no because you don't have no idea what there selling to you?

It is always surprisingly amusing how those that never did anything and have nothing to show knows better than those that are successful in what they do.

Wow, what an ego maniac. Did you really just said that? Because other people don't have job where they are successful at and come to metaldays from random parts of the world with help of charity institutions and social benefits, right?
If your music program would be just as great as your ego, but sadly that's not the case.

Haha, classic Boban.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:08 am

Lifemocker wrote:
^ again Im with Wombat what hes saying

Bo_MH wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:

Bo_MH wrote:

Like I have said - people come there by habit - not because of lineup which are not been that good in few past years... not that good thing if someone is wanting to enjoy music as well.

Overall atmosphere is of course great there but musically.... could be a lot better

This whole "I am More Metal than you" thing is just not for grown up people. Let us move on :)
I am having chat with visitors every day from 12 until 12.30 at Meet & Greet Point...pass by for a chat or just come to me if you see me and we can have a beer and we can discuss about Universe.
As I worked in Studio with Abigor, Blephergor and Deathspell Omega, as well as was playing guitar for cult band Bloodbath in late 80's (not that one, the real Bloodbath) I was into underground scene before it was cool...I believe I can explain easier in person why I don't see Metaldays the way you think it would be right.

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

Rockster wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:

Bo_MH wrote:

This is best example of what Political Correctness do to the people :)
I think that "yeah, thats why MD organisation needs persons (if there isn't now none) who are into metal scene and know whats going on there!" is pretty much egoistic.
And, yes...it is as I said...I am not into beer brewing business and just 'cos I don't like taste of Heineken beer does not mean I can tell them how to do marketing and how to brew their beer. If I don't have clue about something I am keeping my opinions for myself.
But today through social media everybody has possibility to blurb about something and when you tell them that they know shit you are being labeled as ego maniac. How funny.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile WWW

Bo_MH wrote:

But today through social media everybody has possibility to blurb about something and when you tell them that they know shit you are being labeled as ego maniac. How funny.

You actually said something completely different, but ok ... as our main interest here is music and in reality no one here cares much about your random non music related ego trippin' statements lets keep it there and continue talking about music offer related things.

You said that there's always someone complaining regarding music program and this time is nothing different, but do you really believe that? I mean I follow also those complains you talked about since early MC years (and then MD years of course), but I never saw so much displeasure regarding MD music offer in general as this year.
I talk with people, locals, foreigners, regular MD visitors and there's noone, really noone who would be really happy about this year MD music offer in general.
Things are as they are now and there's not much room for improvement of this year, I get that, but are you the only one who don't see that? And can't stand any criticism? Do you really believe that you did things the best possible regarding circumstances to make majority of your festival vistiors excited? (while there's no one really excited this year)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Rockster wrote:
Bo_MH wrote:

You actually said something completely different, but ok ... as our main interest here is music and in reality no one here cares much about your random non music related ego trippin' statements lets keep it there and continue talking about music offer related things.

You said that there's always someone complaining regarding music program and this time is nothing different, but do you really believe that? I mean I follow also those complains you talked about since early MC years (and then MD years of course), but I never saw so much displeasure regarding MD music offer in general as this year.
I talk with people, locals, foreigners, regular MD visitors and there's noone, really noone who would be really happy about this year MD music offer in general.
Things are as they are now and there's not much room for improvement of this year, I get that, but are you the only one who don't see that? And can't stand any criticism? Do you really believe that you did things the best possible regarding circumstances to make majority of your festival vistiors excited? (while there's no one really excited this year)

This is music thread and all I said was music related.

Displeasure this year is none different than in any year...just the audience that complains is different. Sometimes thrashers complain, sometimes folk lovers, sometimes black audience...and so on. Since this year visitors that are near to you complain you have feeling that more people complain than usual. I counted here 6 people in this thread (me not counting).
Why do you believe we need to improve on anything this year? Just 'cos you don't feel excited by the line up? I gave up making people excited years ago...and I concentrate on making people visiting Metaldays and also making them going back home happy. This is what our goal is and so far it works well.
It is nothing bad in criticism but what you guys do is just trying to convince me that your music taste is more Metal than mine and 90% of all visitors and everybody that likes Amon Amarth is an idiot. Honestly I think this is ego trippin' at its best.
Just my 5 cents...

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile WWW

No one here is having the "more metal than thou" attitude or discrediting Amon Amarth & similar bands (as a matter of fact, you brought that up). A lot of us just don't care of headliners if the rest of the line-up has a few fine bands and that doesn't make us elitists or morally-superior. So please don't bring this up again as part of the discussion because it is a very clear stance.

It is obvious that everyone is not going to be happy with the line-up, every big fest as it's fair share of mainstream bands and horrible small bands. I'm fine with that. It is also obvious that you can't have a balance of genres every year, although you can have a little bit of everything.

However, as pointed out several times in this thread, some genres at MD have disappeared (Doom/Sludge), got drastically reduced (Black) or brings the lowest common denominator (Grind and Thrash) over the last couple of years, so it is an evident trend). This is my issue. You can argue on band availability or viability but that is bullshit considering other fests (some even with similar size) can do it just fine. So if we are going to discuss line-ups, no more deviating the arguments towards absurd nonsense.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Wombat wrote:
No one here is having the "more metal than thou" attitude or discrediting Amon Amarth & similar bands (as a matter of fact, you brought that up). A lot of us just don't care of headliners if the rest of the line-up has a few fine bands and that doesn't make us elitists or morally-superior. So please don't bring this up again as part of the discussion because it is a very clear stance.

It is obvious that everyone is not going to be happy with the line-up, every big fest as it's fair share of mainstream bands and horrible small bands. I'm fine with that. It is also obvious that you can't have a balance of genres every year, although you can have a little bit of everything.

However, as pointed out several times in this thread, some genres at MD have disappeared (Doom/Sludge), got drastically reduced (Black) or brings the lowest common denominator (Grind and Thrash) over the last couple of years, so it is an evident trend). This is my issue. You can argue on band availability or viability but that is bullshit considering other fests (some even with similar size) can do it just fine. So if we are going to discuss line-ups, no more deviating the arguments towards absurd nonsense.

Oh, really?
What is this if not I am more metal than you?
..."now a days their agenda is to promote hippie stuff, not to make good METAL festival"...
..."Btw. will at least 5th "TBA yet" be some decent metal band or we're sticking mainly with pop-rock-hardrock headlining stuff + some mediocre metal addition supporting them now?...
...and so on...

Considering all your knowledge about scene and festival organisation I suggest you guys shall come together and make your own festival. I am not joking...

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

Bo_MH wrote:
Oh, really?
What is this if not I am more metal than you?
..."now a days their agenda is to promote hippie stuff, not to make good METAL festival"...
..."Btw. will at least 5th "TBA yet" be some decent metal band or we're sticking mainly with pop-rock-hardrock headlining stuff + some mediocre metal addition supporting them now?...
...and so on...

Considering all your knowledge about scene and festival organisation I suggest you guys shall come together and make your own festival. I am not joking...

You see, this is your issue. You quote 2 posts from the same guy and forget of all the rest (of a 5 page discussion!!). You ignore everything else and concentrate on 2 lines to consider it a keyboard warrior attitude by all posters.

Classic Bo, your most recent comment concentrates on my first sentence and ignores the rest.

I remind you that you suggested to make a 30 bands list and give us the reasons why you didn't consider them for MD. I even put a thought out one, with bands that were active and current touring. You are not obliged to answer, but if you make a suggestion, at least consider it carefully, otherwise it's bullshit posting.
And I'm certainly not as experienced as you in organizing events (and I'm not interested in a "who has the longest dick contest", mind you), but when I refuted some of your arguments based on my own experience, you ignore it again and short-trim quotes to the stupidest posts.

So you just ramble and miss the point. I'm not surprised as arguments over the Internet are mostly a waste of time, more so when some people post dumb shit and trim quotes that don't answer questions.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 pm

ähm Boban.
If I'd be you i would delete this thread now and put all those blokes on the blocklist

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next