View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
OFFICIAL COMMENTS ON YOUR FEEDBACKS AND COMPLAINTS 2016 

Dear friends,
Thank you for all your comments, critics, suggestions and praises. As promised I have read all your comments posted on official forum, FB + info@metalday.net
Before you read my answers let me explain the rules:
I will only post my answers on complaints. Thank you for all nice words and praises, but there is simply so many nice words to be posted. Please post them on official MetalDays FB and forum.
I will answer only questions and comments that I did not answer in previous years. If your comment/question was not answered please search my answers from previous years here viewforum.php?f=1
I will not answer/comment same thing twice or more just ‘cos it’s posted by different people.
I will not comment anything line up related.
I will not comment sound and loudness. It was commented and explained 100 times already.
I will not comment anything “why this beer and not that one?” related.
I was to lazy to translate some German and Slovenian comments…please use Google translate.
If I forgot someone's complaint don't be mad on me please.

Caroline Scheibl (via official MetalDays FB page
Q) More waste bins all over the festival area
A) I agree. There is never enough waste bins. We will for sure take care of that in 2017.
Q) Shower situation: would be great if there were more hot showers, but what really buggered me, was there were no shelves and hooks to place your necessities in the shower trucks... That was rather uncomfortable
A) Yes, showers are our big problem. We do not have possibility to connect additional shower/toilet points to the drain. Tolmin is very tiny place that has infrastructure for just 4000 people and having additional 15000 people (together with artists and guests) is just problem that can not be solved easily. We are improving on that from year to year and will continue to do so. We have great help from local Government when it comes to that so I am pretty positive this will change…slow but sure. Can not promise for next year but it is definitely something that is on top of our improvement list. As for the shelves and hooks, that is something that can be done easily for 2017 already.

Hannah Louise (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) Firstly, both me and my boyfriend paid for the real marjan upgrade, like others we were disappointed and felt the advertising was unclear. We were expecting to turn up with no fees to pay and have 25 Euros already on the pay-card, however once reading the signs realised this was not the case. My question being is there any possible way to get our upgrades refunded now? We tried to at the festival but had some confusion on how to do so in our not so sober festival states.
A) I am afraid that is not possible anymore. After some complaints at the festival we offered full refund and have advertised that on FB and LCD’s on Lemmy stage. Some people used that and got full refund (what have put them in same position as all other “regular” visitors” so they had to pay all additional things). We immediately apologised for the inconvenience caused. We just meant good and are sorry that we did not refund more Marjans ‘cos this would save us lot of money that we just gave away to you.
Q) Secondly my suggestion! I loved the week, but unfortunately became really sick in the first couple of days with mumps. I woke up in our tent with a very swollen face, extremely high temperature and panicked. We ran over to the on site paramedics only to find out they weren't due to arrive till the next day. My suggestion would be that there should always be at least one or two paramedics from the moment that camping is available.
A) Festival 2016 started on Sunday and from that date our full production (paramedics included) was available.

Oran Sova (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) When I gave 150 euros for ticket to listen metal and only metal on METAL festival I don't want to be awaken every morning by "cajke" music such as Severina or Dara Bubamara! if you can take 150 euros for ticket than you can tell to those fuckers at that pizza cut tent just in front of the entrance to leave us visitors who payed a lot of money just to listen metal alone without their shitty cajka music and especially to leave us to sleep like a normal human beings on the last night to have some sleep before packing our stuff and travel next morning without getting our nerves damaged whole night again by their retard music. thank you.
A) You really think we can control absolutely every single person at the festival without you guys let us know about issues? Well, me personally would be pissed as you are, but I would make sure promoter knows that at the moment that shit happened. You had following possibilities to complain about that: info point, “report illegal activities” button at http://www.metaldays.net (well, it is not illegal but at least we would know about), “meet the promoter” (daily from 12-12.30h at meet & greet tent). Now, we can do absolutely nothing about that except to talk to them and make sure this does not happen in future.

Roelof Konijnenberg (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) This year was great and I am sure next year will be great as well!
Just one disappointed; I was looking forward to playing men-in-thongs beach volleyball this year, but it didn't happen! Please do this again next year, and make it a serious competition!
A) Diversity is bliss :)… You will get your chance again next year

Martin Köhler (via official MetalDays FB page)
Ok, so after reading the posting and the comments I just decide to also write one.
The most important to the beginning: it was a great festival again! For the 7th time now for me and got my ticket for next year :)
Now my points I figured out:
Q) No more stages. Two was great - yes there were overlapping, but that was ok.
I saw on other festivals which all think of new stages every now and then, that it was more complicated to decide to which stage I wanted to go. The three stages - well maybe it will work, maybe not - lets see next year. But don't think about a forth, fifth, six, ... stage.
Just for interest: Where will the third stage be? Couldn't imagine a place for it right now.
A) 3rd stage will be dedicated to Newcomers only. There are few possible positions, I can not say at this moment which one we will chose. We would like to host more newcomer bands and give them chance to play MetalDays Lemmy Stage, 2nd stage and also Winter Days of Metal. In order to do so we need stage dedicated to Newcomers only. We will definitely not add more stages in future.
Q) Was said from others, but: if you have rules about pets you should stick to it - I have seen many dogs there.
A) We do…but people smuggle dogs in campers, vans and cars and all we can do is to react once we see them with dogs at the camp or venue (what we do). I am dog owner myself. I have two dogs and as Promoter have probably better conditions at the festival to take care of my dogs than visitors, but I never ever would take my dogs to the festival. My dogs are at the dog’s hotel in Ljubljana enjoying their time with other dogs. I will save here words and will not express myself the way I maybe should and will say just this; anyone taking dog to any music festival shall not have right to be a dog owner. My 5 cents…
Q) Receipts...
At the return of the pay-card last year we got a printed list with all stuff we used our money for (it was great to have a final resume of where all the money went). This year we only got a receipt that says the card has no more money on it and keeps the system fee (no shit sherlock - I just gave it back - what have I expected...) could you please bring back the list printout?
Also mentioned before. It is a Slovenian festival - I know. But please could you change the language of the receipts to english? It would be a lot easier for all the foreign visitors to understand them.
A) This does not go on us. It is new Slovenian Tax law from January 1st 2016. We are working closely with Tax office to be able to have it back as it was. Like always, somebody thought about new law but has no clue what that means in real world.
Q) The show in the tent after the bands was a little weird. Well not the show for itself. More the place. The last years I know that I could go to the beach bar if I wanted some more music and talk to people or stuff. No I could not decide if I should go to the tent at the main-stage or if I should go down to the beach bar. The beach bar unfortunately somehow lost some of her charm in that process.
A) Tent-party was just test this year since we have different kind of visitors at the festival. Some of them like rather calm atmosphere at the beach while others like loud and “ugly” at the tent. We will try to keep both places and upgrade them and you just need to do what you feel in the moment. 
I am pretty sure we will “move” party tent somewhere else due to many complaints by visitors that are near the tent and could not get enough sleep during the night.
Q) Nice job with the concrete ground of the cold showers - great that we no longer have to deal with the wooden planks. Great improvement!
A) Thank you
Q) For the earlier start on the third stage: will the busses also travel two days earlier? Other way all the people that come with the busses would not be able to see those bands.
A) It is meant for the visitors that use “early arrival” option.

Mieke Goderis (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) Small remark, we missed our cold showers near the cemetery :-( For the rest : can not wait for next year, thank you for making us so happy again :-)
A) We were not allowed to. Working on this for next year.

Anna Enastående (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) Higher ticket price? What will the "non campers" get? There's quite a few of us that stay at hotels or apartments, no need for free hot showers, safe deposit, mobile charging etc... A pair of earplugs? Yay.
A) All this comes free with the Festival ticket…It is you that choose where to stay. It is like offer that most restaurants have; if you buy coffee before 10 in the morning you get free croissant. …so you go; “i don't need coffee, can I have free croissant?”
Q) Why so LOUD music at the beach bar? The entire area has lost its charm.
A) I agree. DJ sucked big time this year.
Q) This was my 8th visit to Metalcamp/Metaldays. Love it. Most of the time. Don't "improve" too much and mess it up! Keep it simple.
Improvement does not mean to make it more complicated or bigger or anything like that. I means to make your experience easier and more enjoyable.

Vincent Göbel (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) Please ban generators or create generator free areas. I have been forced to camp beside big camps with generators for the last 2 times. This time they didn't even play metal but fired gigantic subwoofers playing Techno music until 6 AM.
Thats ruining any holiday feeling, it doesn't fit in the location and has nothing to do with metal.
You might say: Hey go talk to them. But you don't want to argue with 20+ drunk people playing techno when you have just your boxer shorts on and want to sleep until the sun will kick you out of your tent. I tried to talk to them next day, but those you could talk to didn't participate in the nightly techno party and those who did told me "hey I paid to do whatever I want and I have been here for 2 years so stay home if you want to sleep".
A) This has been pointed last year already…we offered family camp option that is not just for families but also for people that would like to stay in quiet camp. It was advertised well on MetalDays official FB page and http://www.metaldays.net 
But, since many of our valuable visitors complained about that we may reconsider the idea of “silent” camp during the night hours.
Q) Minor point: The ATM at the camp ground is great, but please put a note on it how much it will cost. Info point tried to find out and thought it would be 2€ max. It was about 5€. No big deal but you want to know that before using it.
A) Hm…any ATM is charging withdrawal commission so we did not think of it. Something g to think of for future.

Andreas Badurczyk (via info@metaldays.net)
Some things to improve:
Q) Sell beer at the river. If there would be a mobile beer seller that checks the river every hour and sells beer. You make money, we get beer :)
A) There is bar at the Beach…or you mean having floating bar would be blast?
Q) There were some jams when going to the infield. Some people wanted to go out, others in. All lanes allow all directions. If this would be separated somehow (probably add an exit behind the beer tent?) it would help, too.
A) It is nice festival but location has own limitations that we try to overcome.
Q) Same with small children: I saw several children without ear protection. 
A) We are in festival-promoting business, not in “right parenting business” :). It was communicated well before and at the festival but some people just do not understand. Each one we saw got it’s warning.

Kristina Špec (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) Hvala za vaše obveščanje glede agregatov ter tistih nekaj napisanih besed o nočnem miru. Pomagalo je! Sosedje so se omehčali in smo prišli zaradi tega lažje do kompromisa. 
A) Thank you. It will take some time but people will learn and it will get better.
Q) Do prvega dneva Early arrival se naj poreže vse trakce in štrikce, ki objemajo drevesa in rezervirajo prostor v gozdičku... šotorov pa od nikjer. Mi, ki plačamo 25 € za zgodnji prihod, pa nimamo prostora ... tistih nekaj metalcev, ki jih pa ni do nedelje, imajo pa do takrat rezerviranih recimo 50 kvardratnih metrov zase. Če bi te trakce rezali mi sami od sebe, bi lahko prišlo do zamer in nagajanj oseb, ki jih niti ne poznamo. V kolikor bi pa vi obveščali, da boste te štrikce in trakove rezali, bo pa manj besa.
A) We are taking care just of group camping areas. All other areas are not reserved and marked by us soever. This is tricky….what if someone paid early arrival and marked his/her spot and went to the parking to pick up his gear…or similar. I suggest you carefully check the situation and just cut that crap :)
Q) Super podlaga pri hladnih tuših! Titsa umivalnica zraven pa ni delala. Ni bilo vode in to cel teden. Lahko bi jo odpeljali, ker je iz nje cel teden smrdelo, ker so fantje tja urinirali.
A) I checked it wit our team and they said that it was from time to time malfunctioned. Most of the time it worked.
Q) Ko sem že ravno pri urinu ... Dejte PROSM uštimat te grozne pisoarje pri Lemmy Stageu. Že popoldne so prepolni urina in puščajo. Smrad, ki se je iz dneva v dan stopnjeval je bil zelo ogaben. Verjamem, da je dostim ljudem minil nakup od teh šotorih, ker so videli, da je šotor v luži urina in da moraš preko urina na tleh, da prideš do piva ali koktejlov. Fuj. Ta problem se je pojavil že lansko leto.
A):) I am sorry but you need to complain to the visitors that piss all over the place. From this year most urinals at Lemmy stage are connected to the drain. We have to thank to Tolmin city government for help on this. Unfortunately not everybody thinks it is appropriate to piss in urinal. We have tons of photos with people taking piss all over the place :(
Q) Vprašanje. A je slučajno malo naprej od sotočja kakšna lovilna mreža pločevink? Ogromno jih plava v in pod vodo.
A) Yes, it is
Q) Zakaj je tako malo štantov? Lahko bi prodajali še kakšne plašče, (zopet) kilte, čevlje, lanene (vojaške) hlače ipd. 
A) Because of new fiscalisation law in Slovenia.
Q) Zakaj že tadrugo leto zapored ni stranišč obvhodu za mainstage in potke za štante? Tam, ko nekateri še šotorijo, ob ograji. Te smo imeli radi, ker je bila dolgo časa senca in so bili bolj znosni.
A) No idea, honestly. I have to ask the stuff.

Harm Tacoma (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) Staff is overworked. The guys standing around everywhere on the camping and near it make 12 hour shifts for 4 euro something per hour. In my country (The Netherlands) this is not even half of what is acceptable. Pay your workers fair and give them acceptable shifts. I'd rather pay more for a ticket or have less big names than see them getting exploited. I know, Slovenia is a different country, but this stuff is a problem for me.
A) We have sub-contractors mostly. Not whole stuff is directly under our payment.
Q) Food/drink prices keep on rising. I really think 3 euro's for a regular beer at the beach is too much. It is too much at any festival, let alone one that has a reputation of being cheap. The food could also be a tiny bit cheaper I think. Just one euro off of everything and your reputation as cheaper festival stays, but right now it does look quite expensive.
A) I think you need to choose festival in some other country :) Slovenia is not cheap…whoever told you that. Food got cheaper this year and you guys just love to ignore the fact that you could buy 0,5L Budweiser in camp for 1 euro ;)
Q) My phone was stolen on the festival (during Kreator, RIP brand new Samsung Galaxy S6, yeah I should have been more careful) and when I asked at the Lost and Found they said some stuff was at police office as well. When I went to the police office, they had no idea what I was talking about. Weird miscommunication there.
A) If nobody picks up what we found, we forward this to the police. It is since years like this.
Q) Where was the party on main stage? I love me some flames and confetti, but this year there was a whole lot of just music. Of course, this just depends on the bands, but I really missed the proper shows (Kreator was the only one that truly delivered on that aspect. Blind Guardian was boring as fuck even though I love the music).
A) As you said his is on bands…not on us.
Q) Main stage before 5-6 in the afternoon is just not doable. It is way too warm then. I want to be on the river, on the beach, at the forest stage or in Tolmin around that time. I say, start bands at forest stage (and perhaps the 3rd stage if that one has a good location as well) and kick off at main later. Don't mind going on till 3 although I can imagine the area around Tolmin does mind.
A) We can not play that long on main stage. Other than that this is very personal…some other people would like to watch bands whole day.

Fanny Reygaert (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) There was not enough paying showers and toilets for everyone. I know that next year, everybody will have the access included in the ticket price, so I imagine the organisation is going to change, but this year, that was annoying.
A) We will definitely expand showers and toilets but I honestly do not think we will ever have enough of them (not speaking of chemical ones). I explained it in one of my comments above.
I also think that open the “real” toilets from 8am. to 2a.m. is not enough… I paid for toilets but, as I am a “early bird”, I often had to go to the chemical toilets because others weren’t open yet. (Also, the showers & toilets area was often opened after 8a.m…)
A) Good point, thank you
Some suggestions:
Q) Every year, we send some postcards from Tolmin to our friends and family. It could be great to have a “Post corner” in the festival area, with postcards from the MetalDays (with pictures of the festival, of the river, etc.) and stamps for the all world… I think that, even “just for fun”, that could work. :-) 
A) We thought about that already.
Q) You could sell “MetalDays” patches for bags or jackets.
A) Yes, we will offer it next year.

Reto Mittner (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) Das Personal dürfte ruhig etwas engagierter sein. (stellt doch eine Trinkgeldkasse auf, es gibt sicher einige, die saubere Duschen/WCs zu schätzen wissen, auch wenn sie schon dafür bezahlt haben)
A) It was raining every day and mud was everywhere. Nobody can make it that clean :)…but yes, we will give our best.

Simone Euler (via info@metaldays.net)
Q) The little path through the trees from the middle of the camping area on the river side which leads down to the stony way where you can walk down to the first few beaches is really slippery, dirty and uneven!
Specially after rainy days it's freaking hard to get down that little part, and most of the people don't have their hands free cause of the camping chairs or water-wheels they wanna take down to the beach and if you fall over in that moment... ufff.. pain in the ass!
So I would wish for 2017 that you guys could maybe fill up that part with stones or soil or something so it's easier to get down there...
also think about the drunken ones and what accidents could happen if they fall over...!!
A) I agree, we will try to fix it.
Q) Also after so much rain it would be amazing if you could spread wood chips on the paths through the camping area and definitely in front of the ToiToi's so you don't fall over in front of the stinky shit from others…
A) We can not do this. We use stones for the main road to the camp and wood chips are just temporarily solution that would just make worse on that road. Agree on part about toilets. We’ll figure something out.
Q) I  mean... at some point it's ok to have a mud bath or a mud wrestling or mud game but... the paths are there to get forward and pass the camps to get wherever you have to get... and after some days of rain and all the drunk people walking trough there, pissing on the floor cause they're too lazy to go to the toilet, all the vomit, dirt, beer, sweat and garbage it's starting to get a disgusting smell.
I understand the guys who need attention while sliding through the paths with nothing on but actually it's quite gross if one of them thinks it's funny to take you along without asking…!!!
A) I agree. We even escorted some 2nd stage bands from VIP area because of that.
Q) Where did the tremendous amount of ToiToi's go? There was way more next to the Main Stage and on the way to the Second Stage at that house side in 2014 than this year...
Really sad because in 2014 the toilets weren't really disgusting, but this year.... a biiiig minus!!!
It was way harder to find a not so stinky toilet where you don't throw up your burger from 5 minutes ago just for a piss of 20 seconds!
A) In total we have more toilets at the festival as we used to have. It looks like we did not spread them well.
Q) The ToiToi cleaning cars I felt weren't on the run that often as 2014, what probably has to do with the less ToiToi's... but still... normally the toilets where clean the next morning... would really appreciate if you could do that more often again!!
A) They actually do clean it as often as they did back in 2014.
Q) Wasn’t there any "Boobs for Beer" allowed this year? Or did I just miss that? I mean... who doesn't like to see boobs, right? ;)
A):) well, I think that was organised individually by bar stuff. Maybe they like boys now ;)
Q) What happened with the little stage on the other side of Hofer's? In 2014 there was a little stage for early campers who wanted to get in party mood before the festival starts and could listen to newcomer bands from the region while getting drunk the first time... I liked that a lot…
A) No idea. It was not ours.
Q) It was quite interesting to see the staff walking through the camp area searching for shopping carts from Mercator cause there was none of them left xD but maybe to make the work easier just tell your staff to not let those carts be taken into the festival area.. I think that guy was quite pissed that we used the cart as support for our pavilion which almost got destroyed already on Monday…
A) We will have lot of angry people if we make them carry all their grocery.
Q) What use does the middle checking area before the Hell's Kitchen have now? In 2014 it was still there to get your wristbands.. but since you get it from the entrance, why is that still there? Seriously... Don't see the point of it…
A) You don’t need to see point in all things related to the production ;)
I am just joking…It was there just in case we can not manage it at the box office. We did not know how it will look like with car jam so we had it set up just in case we need to let all people into the camp to avoid jam at the street.
Q) How about you build a stand with bathing stuff on the way to the beaches? First of all you can sell some more useful things (like chairs, floaty things, sunshades, sunscreen, hats, water pistols, balls, or water shoes etc.) and second of all there are a lot of people who don't have something like it and decide at the festival that they'd like to try the "floating down the Soca" but don't have anything... just an Idea ;)
A) It is not new to us. We are thinking about that for some time already but could not find good supplier in Slovenia that would supply organic things. We still don’t want to forbid you taking yours that are not organic with you but at the same time we don’t want to support production of non-organic soaps and rest. I hope we will find some good supplier in future.
Q) What if you guys could make rain hideouts at the flank of the hill at Main Stage?
people could still sit in the shelter and watch the bands from the top, instead of hiding in the big beer tent in the back and wait and don't hear the band properly and can't go nuts…
A) Landlord would not allow it.
Q) I think it would be necessary to make more hangouts around the festival area with Timetables, Line-Ups, Signing Sessions and Informations like Beach Bar Program etc.! Really annoying if you gotta go back to the Info Point just for that…
A) I agree.

Renee Hoekzema (info@metaldays.net)
Q) There was a stall at the festival selling the Confederate Flag, and some people seemed to be putting it up or wearing it. I think this is probably mostly out of ignorance, but this flag is used to express a belief in slavery and racism and I'm sure you guys would rather not be associated with that!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_ ... erate_flag
A) It is almost impossible to control all this. Personally I don't know what to say about that. Zakk Wilde wears it all the time and was one of the headliners at MD 2015.

Melissa Gray Steele (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) The private shuttle service definitely didn't improve since last year. All private shuttle services were cancelled for no apparent reason and those that booked it were notified via email-which no one checks when they are out camping in a field for a week. I only found out about this after the shuttle bookings were closed on the Friday, by a fellow festival goer that was just as confused as I was. No need to say that trying to get back today was a nightmare.
A) I am very sad to hear that. We changed partner after last-year problems and it seems like they are none better. :( 
Will check it out and if this is true we will look for another partner.
Q) You run a festival up in the mountains, how can you not have waterproof ponchos for sale at the official merch store? :’)
A) They are made of plastic. We do not support plastic production. We are looking for organic ones and hope to find right supplier for next year.
Q) There were people just casually walking into the hot showers without paying and no one would bother to stop them.
A) Talked to our stuff, they say this is not the case. So we have “she says-he says” situation as I am not personally there to control.
Q) I suggested this last year as well, COMPOST TOILETS! Eco friendly and all, using sawdust instead of chemicals that barely cover the smell.
A) No company in Slovenia offers this. I would take them immediately if there would be an offer.

Taja Vargen Tøpič ((via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) I have a question about: "ticket will include ....pay-card deposit...." -- will we get back this pay-card deposit as until now, or? Just to be sure how this is planned now.
A) No, you pay for the ticket and all add-ons (except garbage and coup deposits) are included and will not be charged/returned at the festival.

Davide Sciaky (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) Hi Boban, I've got a little complaint/suggestion: I worked as a volunteer and when I asked for a woven wristband on Friday I was told that only visitors could get them; I think it would be nice in the future to allow volunteers as well to get the wristband.
A) I am afraid we can not do this. It has to do with Slovenian Tax law that I do not want to explain here. You can meet me in person next year and remind me so I can explain it to you.

Alwin Roes (via official MetalDays FB page)
Q) As a band ( especially the newcomers / bands Who don’t receive fee) selling merch could be a significant well of income, we made shirts, tank tops and sleeves along with our cd's it could be to cover the cost of the Journey. But with the 25!! % fee, taxes and the last minute change of rules ( Slovenian vat number required) it is almost impossible to sell something, or we would have to ask 25-30 euro for a shirt to at least have some profit left, for a kinda unknown band People don't pay that kind of money, and we as a band actually don't WANT People Who like our music and support our band pay that much money.
So what i ( and with me a lot of bands) would suggest: create some kind of a market place where bands can display their merch with their price of choice, it is good for the whole Package, bands can display themselves, People Who see a band they never heard of can support this band and buy their music, musicians Amongst each other can connect and maybe hook up for some quid pro quo deals... It would surely improve the ( already) good vibe Amongst the People Who live metal music.
A) Unfortunately you are not allowed to sell it without being registered as a company in Slovenia. It is not us, it is the law. 
We can not offer our service for less than 25%. We have costs to cover and it would be not fair to treat each artists differently.

Silvio Spagnolo (via official MetalDays FB page).
Q) Some dixies and cold beer at the third beach would be nice.
A) If I understand you correctly you are pointing on the beach that is officially not part of the festival venue. I don’t think we can change that.

Eruanne (via official MetalDays forum)
Q) The plastic clasp on the wristbands. The official reason why you ran out of them was that you didn't order enough but I'm pretty sure you ran out of them because a big number of those were not working. Or you didn't calculate that and it actually happens every year that a number of them is shit. Although we have witnessed that the ladies at the wristband stand were having quite some trouble getting them tight and were complaining about it because they didn't hold. Bring back the metal!
A) No :) 
They were just fine…metal ones just prolong the waiting time and are just not practical.
Q) Sinks at camping area B. Barely anyone was using them because no one knew they were there hidden! I saw on the red poster that it said dishwashing but was wondering where they are. I went to check it out from the left side but didn't see them. I concluded they are not there. Only when I came across the official booklet which had marked sinks there I decided to check again. I found them on the right side. Also it was a bit weird going there since people tied their sun protectors there and you had a feeling you are going through their camp. I think they were positioned much better last year.
A) I have to trust you since I did not control it personally. Will be done better next time.
Q) The washroom at cold showers was disgusting since people were using it as a toilet.
A) We…the people ;)
Q) Dirty hot showers. I think I complained about this already last year. I know it's partly fault of the festival goers but I suggested already last year that maybe a simple thrash can would help. So people could throw stuff there or if someone left something at least you could do it if it bothered you. Also cleaning the sink area once per day would take max. 2 minutes. So it could be done more often. Not sure if the same pink lady was washing her hair two days in a row but there was a big bunch of them lying there on Monday and Tuesday.
A) Guys…it was raining every day, there was mud all over the place…each one of you brings 1kg of mud on your feet and body. Be realistic please…
Q) I still think the Sauron logo is ugly. Also the new Venom look-alike logos are not to my liking.
A) I love them.
Q) The phone chargers weren't really good. My boyfriend got one and had to replace it to fully charge his phone. I got one which charged first my phone for a few % and after exchange 30%. I did not bother further because I left Wednesday night anyway. At least the people there exchanged it without questions.
A) They were just fine. What was not good is us being unprepared for the re-loading time that they need to be fully loaded. It will be better next year.

AC182 (via official MetalDays forum)
Q) For me the main bad thing was the state of the extremely muddy roads that run through the camp sites. I saw sandals lodged in the mud all over and one guy was basically skating on his way back from the stage site. Props to that guy for staying on his feet the whole way.
A) We are not allowed to use anything different but what we use to cover the mud. Anyway, if you visited any other festival that faces rain every day you will see that we are not that bad in handling this situation.

Blabber (via official MetalDays forum).
MetalDays 2016 was the 6th time we participated at MetalDays/Metalcamp and it was great, as always. Only two small things bother me:
Q) I really missed the open air showers near the cemetery. You can use them whenever you want without any opening hours (which were delayed regularly) and therefore there is no bottleneck in the morning. I found the Open Air solution augmented by the portable shower cabins for people that prefer a closed room much better than the current solution.
A) We are not allowed to build them there anymore.

Johnny (via official MetalDays forum) .
Firstly can I say how impressed I was that every single (realistic) complaint that I can recall being brought up last year was addressed. At the very least there was a noted effort to act on the complaints so that was very impressive.
A) Thank you…at least one of you guys… ;)
Q) The only thing that disappointed me this year was the lack of free showers. I was again camped up towards Hofer and the only free showers were quite a long walk away. The ones on the path by the cemetery should really be put back as there were a lot of people forced to pay 10euros for 'hot' showers they didn't want.
I already answered about the ones next to the cemetery. Also the ones on the way to the Hofer will be cut next year. We are not allowed to do it anymore due to limited Tolmin infrastructure.
A) There will be one big shower/washing/dishing/toilets place somewhere else but you will have definitely to walk to reach them. More about that soon.
Q) One thing I would like to see is some form of DJ or music system put actually on the second beach during the day. In previous years campers have brought their own sound system down but for whatever reason no one did/could this year. The DJ by the Pizzeria was way too far away to be heard and seemed to me to be a little used resource (although I wasn't there at night so may be completely wrong).
A) Khan answered it below ;)

Khan (via official MetalDays forum).
I disagree. You have live music at the Sotočje beach. 2nd beach is more relaxed and has another feel to it. Loud music or a DJ would completely change that for the worse.
Q) The security checking the bracelets at the entrance to the stage areas were quite rude. Always pulling your bracelet and looking at the visitors like an enraged pit bull. One of them even grabbed the hand of my girlfriend and tightened her bracelet so much she had to cut it after the festival. I think that this is not really necessary.
A) It is necessary. Too many people try to bullshit us with fake wristbands.
Q) No craft beer on tap. Nor good Slovenian wine. I hope I don't sound too pretentious.
A) We had 27 different craft beers. If you figure out how to put 27 different taps on 5m bar I will do it. We always had wine…but it just don’t sell….
Q) It would help a lot if running orders would visible somewhere near the stages. I don't always have my phone with me, you know. In case that we will have a 3rd stage next year, this will be even more crucial.
A) I agree
Q) I didn't see the schedule of additional activities at the Sotočje beach printed anywhere... or did I miss it?
A) Info book
Q) The Indian food was not as good this year. The variety of dishes was not as great. I know you couldn't do anything, the provider was the same. Maybe you could talk to them about it?
A) You can also talk to them next time you visit them in Ljubljana ;)
Q) I thought I read something about luggage transport online (FB) before going to Tolmin. Or am I wrong? Anyway, nobody knew anything about it when we arrived there.
A) As promised we offered and executed that service on Sunday and Monday.
Q) You ran out of festival merch (t-shirts) way too soon. Such a shame I couldn't buy a t-shirt.
A) Be faster next time :)
Q) Not offering a male size S t-shirt with the earliest bird ticket. I was a bit upset by this.
A) I am sure we did it but you was again too slow :)

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

I would just want to point out metal VS plastic wristband clasps issue.
Metal ones were better imo, because you can't just easily remove them or accidentally tighten them so it hurts...or when they were checking them. Not comfortable if you want to wear it forever - therefore, with metal ones, they stay on place..
Greets!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Ja, tole s štrikci gre tudi meni na jetra. Early arrival, plačaš, dobiš eno crappy pozicijo, ob njej se pa še dva dneva bohotijo prazni kvadratni metri in metri lepo osenčenega rezerviranega placa. In tako je že leta.
Imate lepo FAQ stran z navodili, tem, onim, tretjim... a urediti ta del je pa prevelik zalogaj?
Ja, seveda, štrikec lahko porežem tudi sam in se tja naselim. To lahko naredi več deset posameznikov na različnih koncih. Kdo bo pa dva dneva pozneje gasil vse konflikte nastajajoč ob prihodu obiskovalcev, ki so sebi, prijateljem, znancem, njihovim sosedom, teti in stricu... še pred pričetkom festivala rezervirali te pozicije in zato čutijo neko lastninsko pravico do označenih pozicij?
A res ni nobene volje s strani promoterja urediti ta skozi leta se ponavljajoči problem?

Last edited by Rockster on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Thank you for the answers Boban! I just wish to add something.

Bo_MH wrote:
Q) Sinks at camping area B. Barely anyone was using them because no one knew they were there hidden! I saw on the red poster that it said dishwashing but was wondering where they are. I went to check it out from the left side but didn't see them. I concluded they are not there. Only when I came across the official booklet which had marked sinks there I decided to check again. I found them on the right side. Also it was a bit weird going there since people tied their sun protectors there and you had a feeling you are going through their camp. I think they were positioned much better last year.
A) I have to trust you since I did not control it personally. Will be done better next time.

Q) Dirty hot showers. I think I complained about this already last year. I know it's partly fault of the festival goers but I suggested already last year that maybe a simple thrash can would help. So people could throw stuff there or if someone left something at least you could do it if it bothered you. Also cleaning the sink area once per day would take max. 2 minutes. So it could be done more often. Not sure if the same pink lady was washing her hair two days in a row but there was a big bunch of them lying there on Monday and Tuesday.
A) Guys…it was raining every day, there was mud all over the place…each one of you brings 1kg of mud on your feet and body. Be realistic please…

1. Thank you. That would be a lot more practical. I think an indicator for that was that there were always a lot of people waiting at the sinks at the main path somewhere where camping area B started on the other side on the fields. I tried to queue there only once and gave up.

2. I was not talking about the mud. As you say that would have been there this year even if you cleaned it every half an hour. I mainly wanted to emphasize that people leave there empty beer cans, shampoos and such things. And that putting there a simple trash can could make a significant change. I could be wrong though and some chicks would still behave like pigs.

T.H.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:39 am

A silent&family friendly camping zone would be real great!
We will be coming with our kids next year and if they are getting "massaged" by generators&techno until 6a.m. we can deliver them straight to the psycoclinic after the festival.
And we dont like the location of the family camping that you offered this year – simply too far away.

Basically the whole of my campgroup (warzone) would happily opt for the silent option! -preverably exactly at the place we had this year!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Rockster wrote:
Ja, tole s štrikci gre tudi meni na jetra. Early arrival, plačaš, dobiš eno crappy pozicijo, ob njej se pa še dva dneva bohotijo prazni kvadratni metri in metri lepo osenčenega rezerviranega placa. In tako je že leta.
Imate lepo FAQ stran z navodili, tem, onim, tretjim... a urediti ta del je pa prevelik zalogaj?
Ja, seveda, štrikec lahko porežem tudi sam in se tja naselim. To lahko naredi več deset posameznikov na različnih koncih. Kdo bo pa dva dneva pozneje gasil vse konflikte nastajajoč ob prihodu obiskovalcev, ki so sebi, prijateljem, znancem, njihovim sosedom, teti in stricu... še pred pričetkom festivala rezervirali te pozicije in zato čutijo neko lastninsko pravico do označenih pozicij?
A res ni nobene volje s strani promoterja urediti ta skozi leta se ponavljajoči problem?

vsak si lahko rezervira mesto za grupno kampiranje. mi drzimo to mesto samo en dan potem ce folk ne pride ali jih je manj kot so rezervirali se to mesto sprosti za vse ostale.

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 pm
Profile WWW

heinzsz wrote:
A silent&family friendly camping zone would be real great!
We will be coming with our kids next year and if they are getting "massaged" by generators&techno until 6a.m. we can deliver them straight to the psycoclinic after the festival.
And we dont like the location of the family camping that you offered this year – simply too far away.

Basically the whole of my campgroup (warzone) would happily opt for the silent option! -preverably exactly at the place we had this year!

I love your optimism! Group camp location (probably best at the festival) and silent campsite at night.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Quote:
I love your optimism! Group camp location (probably best at the festival) and silent campsite at night.

well this year all it would have needed is to tell the les valasians to move their generator by a 30 meters and put it behind a car.
and tell the beer brothers to point their loudspeakers away from us.

well say, if next year we are the "silent&family friendly camping zone" we will ask.
wont be a big thing

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:48 am

Bo_MH wrote:
Rockster wrote:

vsak si lahko rezervira mesto za grupno kampiranje. mi drzimo to mesto samo en dan potem ce folk ne pride ali jih je manj kot so rezervirali se to mesto sprosti za vse ostale.

Kakšno mesto? Ne govorim o uradno rezervanih mestih za grupno kampiranje ampak privatnih "rezervacijah", kjer folk v četrtek/petek (še pred early arrival uro) s štrikci povije praktično 70% - 80% prostora za kampiranje med drevesi, dejansko kampirati pridejo pa šele v nedeljo/ponedeljek.
Sprehodi se enkrat za hec takole v petek popoldne čez kamp z "namenom" najti kakšen ok prostor za kampiranje pa boš ugotovil da je 3/4 praznega prostora za kampiranje ograjenega s privatnimi štrikci, šotorov pa nikjer.
In tako se folk, ki pride v petek po 14h/ soboto / nedeljo... zafrkava z iskanjem kakšnega sprejemljivega prostora, medtem ko je naokoli kup prostih "parcel" označenimi s štrikci (ki čakajo na prihod "lastnikov" do nedelje zvečer / ponedeljka opoldne).

folk lahko gre v kamp ze od srede od 08h. verjetno so placali early arrival in sli not. pre srede ni sploh mozno it v kamp.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:12 pm

I'd definitely be interested in a silent area myself. At the same time I don't want to camp anywhere near crying babies or kids starting to play at sunrise. Damn those sober kids...

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next