View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Feedback MD 2017 

Good stuff:
-Second stage, the sound was always amazing and Solstafir was just the icing on the cake
-All the staff around the festival, always helpful
-Dealing with the mud at the main stage straight away after the shitstorm

Neg stuff:
-Manson. I fucking knew it, he would rock up, take the money and fuck off as soon as he can.
-Main stage, the sound was off for so many bands, specially for Heaven Shall Burn
-Small beers at the bars (besides at the main stage bar). Don't make us run back and forth for a beer like this, it's cruel
-Info about the running order. Back in 2012 I missed SepticFlesh because there was no info about the time change, same shit happened this year yet again and you can't expect people to sit in facebook 24/7. Info screens would be helpful
-One week is just not enough. What I mean...after all, I still love the festival but it always feels like a week won't do (yes, I arrived already on Friday night)

In case you didn't get it: I absolutely love this festival and even though you can improve in so many ways, I respect all the hard work you put into this every single year.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 am

just one thing:
PLEASE! fix that mudpools in the group camping zone
theyre getting deeper every year.

and one more thing: never ever book that Helene Fischer in Metal Outfit again!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 am

heinzsz wrote:
just one thing:

Some call her Doro I think. Please again. I like her. :D

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 pm
Profile WWW

Reintz wrote:
-Info about the running order. Back in 2012 I missed SepticFlesh because there was no info about the time change

same here

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 am

2017, FEEDBACK, COMPLAINTS AND ANSWERS
Pt 1
Dear MetalDays visitors,
I promised to deliver this in September but my holiday shifted this year to October and since I read and answer your comments while on holiday delay was inevitable.
But as they say, better late than never ;)
Once again thank you all for your words of criticism, your suggestions and prizes. It helps me to understand what this festival mean to you and what is to be done to make you come again to MetalDays year after year.
As always I posted almost all FB posts, mails that you sent to info@metaldays.net and your posts on official forum. As there were many posts with same subject I did not post all here.
I suggest you all shall read whole thing from the beginning till the end and you will find answers on your questions even though I may not answered exactly your questions but same question posted by some other fellow visitor.
I also need to say this; I am doing this since 1st MetalDays edition and although this is fun to me I decided not to do it anymore. The reason for this decision lays in the fact that 90% of all questions can be easily found in Festival ABC and terms & conditions sections on www.metaldays.net.
Answering remaining 10% after the festival is in my opinion pretty useless. Complaints about cleanliness of diverse facilities, problems with PayCards and crew and similar issues need to be addressed at the festival…not after. Such issues are easily corrected if addressed at the right time. This is the reason why I offer to all of you possibility to meet me in person every day from Monday till Friday from 12:00 to 12:30 at meet & greet point. Please use this…stop by and let me know what your problems are and I will do my best to solve them during the same day, when it matter most.
This customer service I provide since few years and we inform you well about this option. So, use it.
This of course does not mean that you shall not express your feelings about MetalDays on FB or via e-mail and forum. Keep doing it, I will for sure read them all and if I find something really interesting to discuss and comment I will do it.
Ok, here we go.
I am not commenting:
Line up.
Beer and alcohol brands and prices.
Anything other festivals vs MetalDays.
To get whole picture please read whole thing. It is interesting to read how some visitors complain about something while others prize the same thing for being super cool. My comments/answers are in capital letters.
Enjoy it.
Boban
Riccardo Basso via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Good morning,
I'm Riccardo and this year I came for the 4th time to Metaldays, the festival was great as always despite the weather and a couple of shows. I would like to give you my opinion about some things that to me were wrong:
First of all the security: I went several times every day in the concert area with my bag and nobody ever checked the bag or controlled my wristband and to me this is incredible, especially in these days where even going to a concert it's not safe anymore. I noticed that even my friends were almost never controlled by the security. The result was that I saw several glass bottles in the concert area (but I can bet that there were even knifes or something else) and they were quite dangerous for obvious reasons. Usually the security at the entrance were more involved in doing their own stuff, than their work. Even in 2016 the security sucked, but this year was even worst.
THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMENT. WE ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR SECURITY CREW. METALDAYS IS MEANT TO BE RELAXED, LAY-BACK METAL HOLIDAY AND HAVING LESS STRICT SECURITY STUFF IS PART OF THE STORY. HEALTHY BALANCE IS WHAT WE ARE AIMNG FOR. THERE WERE NO BIG ISSUES SOEVER, NOT IN 2017 AND NOT IN ANY YEAR UNTIL NOW. SO, THEY MUST BE DONIG SOMETHING GOOD.
This year I saw a lot of violence compared to the other years. I saw drunken people fight like idiots a couple of times, but the worst thing was what happened to a girl in the front row during Amon Amarth gig: a boy punched her in her head more, and more times without a reason. The security took care of that guy (I hope), but the girl collapsed during the concert. I know that in this case you can't do nothing because idiots are everywhere, but that episode shocked me a lot. I've been to other festivals and I never saw nothing like the violence that there was this year during the festival.
IT IS OUT OF OUR REACH. WE CAN NOT NURSE ANY AND EACH VISITOR AND TAKE CARE OF WHAT THEY DO 24/7. WE DO NOTHING TO PROMOTE SUCH BEHAVIOR AND WE DO NOT TOLERATE IT. I PERSONALLY DID NOT SEE ANY FIGHT THOUGH. IN MY OPINION MD 2017 WAS NOT DIFFERENT THAT ANY PREVIOUS EDITION.
Extra-costs: every year everything is more expensive, this year I had to left 50 or 60 € at the entrance for the parking, the early bird, the garbage, the card and I don't know what else. Ok for the early bird and the garbage, but even in Wacken you don't have to left all that money at the entrance and you also raised the ticket for the 5th anniversary and you promised some benefits in the costs that I didn't saw. Please just be more clear on this point during the year because every year it's a (bad) surprise. About the costs, congratulation for the merch prices: this year they were fair! :)
I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DID NOT READ TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FESTIVAL ABC AT WWW.METALDAYS.NET BEFORE YOU CAME TO TOLMIN.
THERE WERE NO HIDDEN COSTS. WE INFORMED WELL IN ADVANCE ABOUT ALL CHARGES. FROM 2017, REGULAR TICKET PRICE INCLUDES ALL ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS THAT WE HAD IN PAST. I DON’T WANT TO LIST THEM HERE AGAIN SINCE THIS WAS ANNOUNCED MANY TIMES. ONLY TWO THINGS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO PAYMENT AT THE GATE ARE PARKING (IF YOU ARRIVE WITH YOUR CAR) AND EARLY ARRIVAL FEE (IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY). WHAT YOU STILL NEED TO PAY AT THE GATE IS GARBAGE DEPOSIT AND THIS MONEY YOU GET BACK ONCE YOU RETURN GARBAGE BAGS WITH YOUR TRASH.
MERCH…
I THINK MERCH PRICES DID NOT CHANGE SINCE 2010 OR SOMETHING.
The food stand were more expensive than the other years in my opinion. I understand that you have your costs etc., but the food has always been a problem at Metaldays (one year was the variety of stand, then the prices, then the quality, then the prices again...). I think you should work hard on this point. About the food, it would be also interesting to have English receipt because you're an international festival.
I DON’T SEE FOOD BEING PROBLEM AT METALDAYS AT ALL. FOOD PRICES WERE SAME AS LAST TWO YEARS…EXCEPT FOR THE 12 EURO BURGER MADE OF ANGUS BEEF…WHATEVER THAT MEANS. ONE HAVE REALLY LOT OF FOOD OPTIONS ON METALDAYS AND QUALITY IS ABOVE AVERAGE WHEN IT COMES TO FESTIVAL FOOD.
The third stage to me was a mistake. It clearly doesn't fit in the festival area and it was almost impossible to visit it because it was too hot or because there were two more stages with other bands (I know this is a 100% personal opinion).
AS YOU SAY, IT IS 100% PERSONAL OPINION. :)
WE DO SUPPORT NEWCOMERS SINCE EVER AND THIS YEAR WAS FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT THOSE BAND ACTUALLY HAD CROWD IN FRONT OF THE STAGE. 3RD STAGE IS COOL THING AND WILL STAY.
The beach stage was in a bad position and the parties at the beach could've been better organized in my opinion. Nothing more to say about this point because it's a personal opinion. I just think that the beach stage it's perfect near the beach bar where it has always been.
I HATED THAT BIG STAGE ON THE BEACH. I AM SO GLAD WE GOT RID OF THAT. WE HAD THIS BIG STAGE ON THE BEACH IN 2013 FOR THE FIRST TIME ‘COS WE DO ANOTHER FESTIVALS AFTER METALDAYS WHERE WE HOST BANDS ON THAT STAGE.
Rozenliefde Ur-Beauty via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hello Mr. / Mrs. ,
The three of us attended your festival this year. Although we had some heavy weather the festival was great! There are a few points I wanted to send an email about. These points are for the brainstorming for next year but I also have something I need some help with.
First of all, for me being a girl on the camping the nights where bad. The toilets where emptied at 9 o’clock in the morning! I don’t know if you have been to the eco-toilets at night on the festival terrain or the campsite but it was the worst. Around 10 p.m. the toilets on the festival could not normally be used anymore if you are a girl, the paper and shit around this time would come almost higher than the seating. So you must be really athletic to do your business there. Around 2 a.m. when I would go for a last round to the toilets before bed the shit would have been stapled up to above the toilet, no lights inside so you have to bring something with you to see if the toilet is “save” as in nobody else’s poo touching your ass. I am sorry the rest of the festival was great but this was horrible and easy to fix if they would be emptied twice a day, at least on the campsite .
THERE IS DEFINITELY SPACE FOR IMPROVEMENT SINCE WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TOILETS AND THEY ARE NEVER CLEAN ENOUGH.
Another thing that was a bit sad is that when we left (we arrived with a group on Sunday after you released all the reserved camp spaces) Saturday your office in front of the Hover was still closed although staff told us we could empty our Metaldays-Paycards there. The guy standing in front of it told us that his co-workers where still sleeping after a big party the day before (probably hangover). He could not open the office and he could not reach his co-workers. After waiting for some time he told us to try and empty our cards on the festival terrain. Unfortunately our group bus was ready to go and there was not enough time left to walk all the way back.
Long story short the three of us still have the Metalday-cards here, with money on them (one more than the other) and I would like a solution for that. Because of the 20 hour drive we are not attending next year to spend the money. How are we going to get it of our cards and in to our wallets?
AS STATED IN TERMS & CONDITIONS AT WWW.METALDAYS.NET IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO WITHDRAW REMAINING MONEY AFTER THE FESTIVAL.
WE COMMUNICATED WITH VISITORS PRETTY WELL ABOUT RETURNING POINTS AND WORKING HOURS. HOFER WAS NOT LISTED AS RETURNING POINT. NOWHERE.
RHETT via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Dear Promoter,
At MD 2017 I saw one camp with a Confederate flag flying and I found it to be unnerving considering I am an American and struggled to meet any Americans at the festival yet this symbol of hate made it to the festival. I condone hate and racism and this flag represents this. I don't know if MD has a policy or guidance on flying flags of hate, but in the US is gaining similar recognition to the Nazi flag.
THIS WAS REPORTED DURING THE FESTIVAL AND WE TOOK CARE OF IT. I NEED TO SAY THIS; SOMETHING THAT IS A BAD SIMBOL FOR PEOPLE IN AMERICA MAY NOT MEAN A LOT TO PEOPLE IN EUROPE/SLOVENIA. NOT EVERYBODY IS FAMILIAR WITH AMERICAN HISTORY AND CONFEDERATE FLAG.
ANYWAY, WE DO NOT SUPPORT RASISM OR ANY OTHER ISM.
Aleš Klobasa via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Pozdravljeni,
sem reden obiskovalec festivala, do sedaj sem zamudil le prvega (2004). Karto za naslednjo leto imam že v žepuJ.
Kot reden obiskovalec imam nekaj pohval, predlogov, pripomb, …
Plusi:
-brezplačna pitna voda na vsakem koraku,
-novi šotori, predvsem pri glavnem odru, prejšnja leta je bil ta šotor slabo obiskan, letos pa je novost pritegnila več ljudi, pa še lepše zgleda,
-delna ureditev poti proti prizorišču v makadamu,
-prestavitev WC-jev na območju glavnega odra,
-odličen zvok na drugem odru pri praktično vseh skupinah,
-hrana (predvsem IFOOD in Indijska),
-brezplačna karta za otroke.
Predlogi za naprej:
-ureditev vseh dostopnih poti iz smeri Hoferja proti prizorišču v makadamu, tako blato ne bo več težava,
THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS DUE TO SEVERAL REASONS THAT ARE OUT OF OUR REACH.
-spletni prenosi koncertov v stilu Wacken,
WHY? THIS FESTIVAL IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT ATTENDED THE FESTIVAL. :)
-več prodajalcev CD-jev (ja, nekateri jih še kupujemo),
WE HOPE TO HAVE EVEN MORE SHOPS IN FUTURE.
-ureditev brežine (improvizirane tribune) pri glavnem odru – ureditev neke vrste tribune, vendar vse v naravni izvedbi, brez betoniranja, brežina je prestrma in neudobna,
WE DO THINK OF IT SINCE FEW YEARS. WE’LL SEE…
-zaokrožitev prizorišča glavnega odra, da bi bila naravna tribuna še za prodajalno pijače – kot neke vrste polovičen amfiteater,
NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN.
-porušitev nekaterih objektov okoli glavne stavbe, ki kvarijo zgled prizorišča (neki zapuščeni objekti).
:) THOSE BUILDINGS HAVE THEIR OWNER. IT IS NOT SOMETHING WE CAN DECIDE JUST LIKE THAT.
Minusi:
-ni bilo majic MetalDays za otroke.
THEY DO NOT SELL THAT GOOD. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PARENTS WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEM FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE SENSE FINANCIALLY.
Veronika W-H via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hi there MetalDays,
Last time I was here was about 10 years ago and I have been wanting to come back ever since. This year, I could!
I think your lineup is great, the location - like always - is fantastic, your social media presence prior to the festival was really good, the stage and sound was great and you seem to have many people working here to help out.
You can't help the weather this year and I am not blaming you for it, but.... You knew ahead of time that it would rain a lot (you posted about it on fb). You could have paved the paths between the campsites with plastic stepping stones (you have a few here and there but nothing like enough) or gravel. As metal as we all are, wading ourselves through quagmire all day sucks.
THE ONES WE USED IN FRONT OF SHOWERS WERE BORROWED FROM SLOVENIAN ARMY. THERE IS NO COMPANY IN SLOVENIA THAT RENT SUCH (AS FAR AS I KNOW) AND RENTNG THEM FROM GERMANY OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE.
Also, the pay card I was given when I arrived didn't work and rather than automatically giving me a replacement one, I had to walk back and forth (through mud) between your pay card stations to report it to the right one, who then said it would take a day to fix....
YOU COULD EXCHANGE YOUR CARD ON ANY PAYCARDS POINT. NO IDEA WHY YOU HAD TO WALK AROUND.
Your information point girls could hardly answer a single question I had and were generally not helpful at all (e.g. didn't stand up to speak just shouted from their chairs over loud music and kept saying they didn't know).
I AM AVARE THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANSWER FOR EVERY QUESTION.
The day we arrived we were pointed to a place to set up our tent, and did so, only to be told the next morning that we had to move as we were in the rented tent area. Then no one was able to tell us where we were allowed to set our tent (not even the information girls, who just kept saying "ask the security guards").
ACTUALLY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ASK ANYBODY ABOUT THAT. JUST LOOK AT THE FESTIVAL MAP AND THOSE ANSWERS ARE THERE.
We were also given confusing information about where we could leave our car and where we couldnt. The signposts and the map of the festival I thought were really confusing and not obvious at all, but that's not such a big problem.
SAME HERE.
The times the bands were playing at were only available to photograph and only from later in the day (so we didn't know what time to leave the beach and when our favourite bands were playing).
THIS WAS KNOWN SINCE MONTHS IN ADVANCE. THERE IS PRINT FRIENDLY VERSION OF RUNNING ORDER AT WWW.METALDAYS.NET
ALL CHANGES IN RUNNING ORDER (WE HAD SOME ON FIRST TWO DAYS DUE TO HEAVY WEATHER) WERE COMMUNICATED THROUGH FACEBOOK AND ON BIG SCREENS ON MAIN STAGE.
Most of all though I really wish you would've had a brief description of every band. For foreigners who have little or no internet here, to have to look up each band online is such a hassle. All the smaller bands could've had a few words describing them, like at any other festival, so that visitors can make good decisions about what to watch and what not to watch.
WE DO…IN LINE UP SECTION ON WWW.METALDAYS.NET
The hot showers were great and I LOVE the eco-friendly attitude. All in all I am finding your festival pleasant but poorly organised and very chaotic.
CONSIDERING ALL THE POORLYNES I THINK WE DO PRETTY WELL :)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING TIME AND WRITING YOUR COMMENTS.
With kind regards,
Veronica
Zara Brumpton via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hi, I just thought I would give a suggestion. I think it would be helpful if there was lighting in the camping area as I couldn't see where I was going and fell in a pile of mud and lost my shoes. After that I then fell over and cut all my leg because I couldn't see where I was going. We didn't realise we had to use our own torches as at other festivals there has always been some form of lights.
WE ACTUALLY HAD LIGHTS THIS YEAR IN CAMP….FOR THE FIRST TIME. WE WILL TRY TO IMPROVE ON THIS BUT I CAN NOT PROMISE. LAW AND REGULATIONS IN COMBINATION WITH LAND OWNERS THAT ARE UNHAPPY WITH ANYTHING WE DO ON THEIR LAND IS WORKING AGAINST US.
Thank you,
Zara
Bernhard Brüstle via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hi,
we have been visiting Metaldays the first time this year. Really nice festival with cool and relaxed atmosphere!!
Still we would like to leave two suggestions what can be improved
First and most important: the sound on the Lemmy stage was really poor in front of the stage. We tried to attend the headliner shows of Marilyn Manson and Amon Amarth from there but it was not possible. You could not hear any singer or guitars, only drum and bass sound which was really annoying. So we had to went back to the side area where the sound was more or less good. Never experienced such a sound and I've been on many festivals.
YES, YOU ARE RIGHT. THIS HAPPENED DUE TO HEAVY WEATHER ON MONDAY. WIND DISPLACED SPEAKERS ON BOTH SIDES AND THIS RESULTED WITH PHASE SHIFTING. IT TOOK US TWO DAYS TO FIGURE OUT THAT THE STAGE AND P.A. WERE DISPLACED. ONCE WE FIGURED OUT WE FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND FROM WEDNESDAY ON P.A. SYSTEM WAS AS IT SHOULD BE. MOST BANDS SOUNDED SOLID EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT HAD POOR SOUND TECHNICIAN.
Second: parking ticket for 30€ is much too high. We have been talking to people who said it was 10€ not so long ago which seams to be reasonable.
LAND THAT WE RENT GETS REALLY DAMAGED DURING THE FESTIVAL. WE NEED THAT MONEY TO BRING THAT LAND IN BEST POSSIBLE SHAPE TO BE ABLE TO RENT IT YEAR AFTER YEAR. THINK OF IT AS CREDIT FOR THE NEXT FESTIVAL EDITION. HONESTLY I WOULD LOVE WHEN ALL OF YOU WOULD COME WITHOUT CARS.
Anyway we are considering to come again to Tolmin and thanks for organizing a great festival in such a nice surrounding!!
Regards, Bernhard
janiwi via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hi guys
First of all thank you for the great festival! It was absolutely amazing again.
I have some inputs though: the communication this year didn't seem to have worked so well this year. I know a lot of shows had to be resceduled or cancelled because of the weather. I'm glad you put a lot of effort into making the best out of it and made it possible to see most of the band. But for some bands like Beheaded this wasn't the case. I checked facebook to see and it said they are cancelled, but apparently they still played. Please make sure that everybody gets the same information. Once again, i know it was difficult.
YES, IT WAS DIFFICULT FOR US AS WELL. RESCHEDULING IS NOT EASY TASK. WE TALK TO TOUR MANAGER AND HE AGREES ON IT. WE GO OUT WITH NEW RUNNING ORDER AND HOUR LATER TOUR MANAGER COMES WITH “I JUST TALKED TO THE BAND AND DRUMMER NEEDS TO CATCH EARLIER FLIGHT THAN THE REST OF THE BAND SO WE CAN NOT PLAY AT THAT TIME”…AND SO ON.
Have you considered providing trash cans for glass bottles? I had to put quite a lot into the normal trash.
YES WE DID BUT WE DO NOT TRUST OUR VISITORS THAT MUCH. EVERY POSSIBLE TRASH WILL LAND IN THOSE BINS AND WE WILL END UP SELECTING GARBAGE MONTH AFTER THE FESTIVAL.
Thanks again and see you next year!
Janine
Kocher Christian, via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hallo ihr Verrückten!
Zurück von den Metaldays – gerne mache ich euch ein Feedback zur diesjährigen Ausgabe, ich hoffe Deutsch ist in Ordnung ;-). Ich war nun bereits zum 11. Mal in Tolmin, seit 2006 mit Ausnahme von 2013 war ich jedes Jahr am schönsten Festival der Welt, daher könnt ihr mit meinem Feedback etwas anfangen.
Organisation generell
Super! Es gibt eigentlich nichts auszusetzen. Alles top organisiert, seien es die Parkplätze, der Einlass, die Bühnen, die Toiletten, der Food einfach perfekt!
Early Arrival
Early Arrival ist grundsätzlich eine tolle Sache. Nun geht es aber zu weit. Wir reisen seit Jahren jeweils am Freitagvormittag aus der Schweiz an. Seit Jahren haben wir immer denselben Campingplatz im Wald. Nur dieses Jahr nicht. Grund dafür ist die frühe Ankunft. Für Metalheads aus dem Ausland ist es praktisch nicht mehr möglich, einen tollen Platz im Wald zu ergattern ausser man reist schon am Dienstag (oder wann war es offiziell möglich?) an. Da haben natürlich die Einheimischen einen Vorteil. Auf der einen Seite ist das ja gut und recht auf der anderen Seite werden so „Stammkunden“ vergrault. Es ist kaum möglich aufgrund von Beruf, Familie, etc. zwei Wochen in die Metaldays zu investieren. Bitte wieder wie in früheren Jahren durchführen. Türöffnung Donnerstag/Freitag ist absolut früh genug!
WE HAVE LIKE 70% FOREIGN VISITORS AND MOST OF THEM ARRIVE EARLY…ON WEDNESDAY ALREADY.
I AM AFRAID WE CAN NOT CHANGE THIS BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST LOVE TO COME EARLY TO TOLMIN AND HAVE HOLIDAYS THERE.
HONESTLY, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH EARLY ARRIVAL. THIS JUST COST US MONEY AND PRODUCE LOT OF WORK. BUT IN THE PAST WE TRIED ONCE TO OPEN ON SATURDAY AND WE HAD MASSIVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE THAT CAME TO TOLMIN EARLY AND BLOCKED WHOLE TOWN WITH CARS THAT WERE PARKED EVERYWHERE.
WE HAVE TO DO IT FOR THE VISITORS.
Spielzeiten Bands
Warum ist um 24 Uhr auf der Lemystage und um 01.20 Uhr auf der Secondstage bereits Schluss? Das ist extrem schade und geht gar nicht. Sind das behördliche Auflagen? Die Konzerte von 01.30 – 02.45 auf der Secondstage waren immer die Besten mit einer unvergleichlichen Stimmung. Auch auf der Hauptbühne sind die Konzerte in Dunkelheit mindestens doppelt so gut! Das hat dieses Jahr nicht gepasst.
YOU LIKE WHEN IT’S LATE, OTHERS HATE IT. WE STILL EXPERIMENT WITH TIMINGS. NEXT YEAR BOTH STAGES WILL END 30 MINUTES LATER.
Cocktails
Viel zu viel Eis und viel zu viel Zitrone (Cuba Libre). Nach spätestens drei Drinks kann man nicht mehr, die kalte Zitronensäure macht den ganzen Magen kaputt! Eventuell auch anderer RUM verwenden, die Cuba Libres waren dieses Jahr schlicht ungeniessbar!
WILL PASS YOUR COMMENT TO OUR PARTNER THAT RUN BARS.
Bang your Head and see you next year in Tolmin zum 12. Mal J
Christian Kocher, CH-Bern
Steven V via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hello,
I already posted a comment on facebook and read that there will be an awnser in September.
Even so, I will ask here as well.
I have Diddy, the festival monkey who enjoys lots of festivals and lots of people enjoy him and he has his own facebook page as well.
From other 3 festivals he went, he was able to get his own wristband at the end of the festival.
But at Metaldays I was sent from corner to corner and noone actually had the same story or knew anything.
The last time I asked on saturday at paycard return, I got the awnser that all wristbands had returned and destroyed??? My own wristbands I put on my jacket so people can see where I have been, but the festival monkey needs his own wristbands so people can see where he has been, and he needs his own wristband in order to be a true festival monkey.
So my question is, if it will be possible to send a weekly wristband completly intact of Metaldays 2017 to my home address?
NO, THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. OBVIOUSLY, SLOVENIAN TAX OFFICE ASK FROM US TO REPORT AMOUNT OF SOLD TICKETS AND THOSE HAS TO MATCH WITH AMOUNT OF WRISTBANDS GIVEN OUT.
Ps, this year with all those bands and lots of ice cream and other things was very great :)
The festival keeps on improving.
But I have one pointer to give, be sure that everyone that works there has roughly the same information.
For example, the gaurds at the main field had no idea that it would be open again at 8 am on saturday. They thought it would be closed the entire day and turned me away when I got there at 7:15.
WILL PASS THIS COMMENT TO HEAD OF SECURITY.
With kind regards and metal greetz,
Steven & Diddy
Caroline Kassis via info@metaldays.net wrote:
Hello !
First of all, thank you for this awesome edition ! It was my first time here and I have to say that it was a great first time ! I have no major complaints, only a few improvement's suggestions for the next editions :
Dry toilets : they smell way less than chemical ones and are ecologicals.
WE ARE WORKING ON IT. HOPE TO BE ABLE TO IMPROVE ON THIS IN 2018 ALREADY.
Safe lockers to charge phones (in addition to the safe deposit that was already there)
INTERESTING
One or two organizers for the beach's activities : to announce when they start, gather people and give informations (for example nobody told us that there was no bondage workshop on monday and we were several to wait for an hour for the teacher to show up and he never did). The painting workshop was also not very clear.
WE WILL CONSIDER THIS.
Make a "quiet area" on the camping for those who want peace during the night and actually sleep. The space around the Newforces Stage would be perfect because it's a little bit apart from the other spaces of the site and still big enough to welcome people who want to sleep quietly.
WE HAVE SILENT CAMP RULES SINCE THIS YEAR. PEOPLE WILL LEARN IT AND IT WILL BE BETTER IN 2018 ALREADY… I AM SURE.
A clear timing for the evening activities at the main beach (never saw a striptease during the week)
BEACH TIMINGS WERE ALSO POSTED ON METALDAYS PAGE AND FB. STRIPTEASE HAPPENS ALWAYS AROUND THE SAME TIME.
A floaties stand at the merch for those who forgot to bring their own
THINKING OF IT
Reusable cups with deposit ( as in Hellfest)
I COMMENTED THIS MANY TIMES. PLEASE READ ALL MY COMMENTS HERE FOR THIS.
Distribution of pocket's ashtrays
WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE IT NEXT YEAR ALREADY.
Safe lockers for personnal stuff.
WE HAVE THEM AND USAGE IS INCLUDED IN TICKET PRICE.
An Ice Cream stand on the main beach.
HAD IT IN PREVIOUS YEARS AND DID NOT SELL THAT GOOD.
The pizzas and Kulinaristan were the best food around. Free hot showers were the best thing ever for a festival ! Cashless card was a great idea !
Thank you in advance for your consideration towards those ideas and for such a great :
Offer a push message info-service via whatsapp (or telegram and so on) next year, where all visitors can register with sending a message to your info number. I know this service from a number of newspapers in Austria, here you get the latest news in one message in the morning so you don't have to scroll through your facebook feed or the website. Because I think it's pretty exhausting looking at the Metaldays facebook page every few hours to keep up to date. In this push message-way everybody who has wifi or roaming on at this festival will be carefully informed about news and timetable changes.
I think it won't be that much work for your team and it'll help thousands of visitors keeping their day plannend :-)
Thank you for this great festival, looking forward to come back next year!
WE WILL UPGRADE OUR COMMUNICATION AT THE FESTIVAL.
Nice regards from Austria,
Victoria
Emmanuel de Salis via info@metaldays.net nwrote:
Hello,
First of all, I (and my friends) would like to thank all of you for your amazing work and amazing festival, it has been the best one I have seen so far! Incredible crew, incredible music and incredible atmosphere!
Now, there is a little issue that cross our path. Since people (including us) started to come early (from 20.07), and concerts started the saturday (22.07), I think the first aid post should also be open early. It opened the sunday (23.07) at 6pm only, after two days of concerts, with already hundreds of people on site, gathering and sometimes, well, hurting themselves.
That happened to us: one of us burned herself the friday, and fortunately another one of us was a nurse, so we could do what was necessary to wait for the first aid post to open. We all were surprised to have to wait so long for it.
I know to official festival only begins on monday, but we could already buy food on site before we could be healed, so you understand our thought.
By the way, we want to thank the medical crew of the first aid post. They were nice and did a great job.
Again, than you for the festival, we will be there next year,
OFFICIALLY, FESTIVAL RUNS FROM SUNDAY ON. AS STATED IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE ARE NOT FULLY READY WITH SET UP UNTIL SUNDAY.
Emmanuel de Salis (and friends)

https://www.mhshop-online.com/c373/metaldays-2018

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

Pt 2
VIA FACEBOOK

Hm...some error happens and it won't post. Please read it on FB https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFesti ... 3977499799

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

Pt 3
FORUM
Eruanne
First of all I want to thank the whole Metaldays crew for a great festival! I am pretty sure this year was not an easy one. The weather was a bit annoying on Monday but we survived! My feedback might sound a bit negative but I just want to point out that those are really minor things that would never convince me of not coming back. I already have a ticket for next year!
The good
1. Showers
Water was most of the time hot or at least warm when I used them. Of course I avoided the typical rush hours. The best thing was that they were open for so long. I used them usually after the last band on main stage. Please keep them open for so long also in the future!
2. Toilets
It was nice to have a proper toilet that flushes. Even if there were only three, there was never much of a line for women. Toilet paper was usually also somewhere available.
3. Updates on FB
Thank you for all the regular updates on FB! With all the crazy weather we had it was good to know what is up and being up to date all the time.
4. Box office
I think you finally came up with the perfect solution of where to get the wristands (box office at Hofer, not in the woods anymore) without any confusion.
5. Clean river
I got the impression people finally stopped littering the river so much. Our group picked up for the whole week maybe 3 empty floating beer cans and that was about it. I hope it stays like that in the future or gets even better!
6. "Takeshi's castle"
That's how I called the plastic way from the info point to the warm showers. That was a very good idea. Especially when there was water you could easily manage around there. Keep this solution!
The bad
1. Parking
Please make sure staff knows how to properly direct people. We arrived on Friday evening and despite all of us being regular visitors in our tiredness we were without a question sent with our car to the camping area D. We thought we might get to the parking only area through there but ended up on the small hill where the staff there helped us with turning and lifting the red tape to get to that area.
2. Wristbands
That clasp is still so uncomfortable and this year it didn't really hold that well. We had to tie knots to make it hold properly. Not to mention I saw people taking it off and on. No use of the very strict wristand controls if you can take them on and off easily.
3. Dirty showers/toilets
I know you can't do anything about people being pigs but that's why you have or hire people to clean it up! The volunteers were mainly sitting in the tent, the only work I personally saw was sweeping the water from the floor. Many times people had to ask about the toilet paper although as far as I understood, it should be their job to make sure it is always available. But as the week went on the situation got worse and worse. Especially in the toilets to the point you could basically vomit on Friday evening/Saturday morning because it looked so bad. One of the problems was also because you didn't really have something like a shelf to put the toilet paper on. And so it happened many times that it fell on the floor and no one wanted to touch it again. Also the showers and especially the sinks were a pain. Get a few students or part time people and have them clean every hour! Clean = wash sinks, remove trash, hair, pick up toilet paper rests,... Sell the 1000 tickets for 120EUR not 119. Put 0,50EUR of some additional fee when ordering the ticket from the website and you have more than enough money to finally sort that. Thank you for finally putting at least some bin bags so you could throw away thrash. A lot of people were still being pigs. It would be also nice to have some kind of hooks in all of the showers. The first shower container was like that, the second one didn't have them, the third one I didn't visit.
4. Squatting toilets
I am not sure what was the idea behind those. Some of us are not true Slavs and can't properly squat so you always had to hold on to something, haha. Which probably explained why some people damaged the toilet paper holders. They were not really practical but ok to use when there was a queue at the other toilets and you just wanted to do a short pee trip. Please try to have all the proper toilets next year.
5. Dishwashing in camping area B
Why have you removed the silver sinks? Those you had now at the camping area B entrance at the main road. The green »houses« are so not practical and hot during the day! And people still pee there! Please, bring them back, they are way more hygenic.
6. Merchandise
I wanted to buy only the tickets for next year and since I didn't want to risk of them selling out, I went already on Monday. Only 2 (or 3 maybe) people were working. You had to line up for more than an hour. You should really have more people working that day. If you wanted to buy merchandise later, a lot of it was sold out. So yeah, also maybe more merch stuff so people are not disappointed. And a big thank you for the black haired girl/woman who I was told was the boss there. I managed to »upgrade« some tickets I bought before without a hassle even though that took some time. She was really nice as was everyone working there!
7. Silent hours
I am aware of the fact that this is a festival but if you set a rule, then please enforce it. I had some really loud neighbours (but just talking, well maybe a bit shouting) which is ok but what annoyed me is someone with a megaphone or something at one of the days turning it on or something at 4 or 5AM. That was annoying.
8. Toilets at second stage
Or the lack of them. Those were a bit far away. You had only the things for peeing there. Or I missed something.
9. Path through camping area B
This is getting more and more of a problem with more and more people camping there every year. Please put also here the red tape. One part of the area was ok because there were a lot of us who are there every year and made sure people don't camp just everywhere. It is not fun to constantly trip over tent lines getting around the area. If all other roads can be marked why can't you do that also here?
10. Batushka screw up
You already apologized but it sucked anyway. We were staying up just to see them and then we missed them. Maybe bring them back next year.
11. No locks on Dixies
Only 3 Dixies int the camping area B had locks (out of maybe 8-10?)! And that didn't happen during the week. Already on Friday they were broken!
12. Car in camping area B
If there are rules everyone has to stick to them. Someone had a car and a generator at the fence almost next to the people checking wristbands. Not ok.
Question
This is something we've been wondering this week and would really like an answer. For the last 3-4 years a large group of Austrians is camping in camping area B. Last year they built a tower, this year they had a construction with two towers from where they were watching the concerts. It was about 6m high? Or more maybe more. Is that even allowed? I have to admit I started caring where I camp when the storms hit. One damaged one of the stages. Who guarantees that these constructions are safe? What would happen if a part flew off and someone was injured?
NONE CAN GUARANTY IT, I AGREE…BUT IT IS AN FESTIVAL. WE ALREADY HAVE SO MANY RULES :)
AS FOR THE INJURIES, FESTIVAL IS INSURED FOR SUCH THINGS.
Chief Shitting Bull
Again, thanks for an amazing festival. As always, there where things to improve but the overall experience was great as always. Since the feedback above is already pretty detail and contains the major points, my one will be a lot shorter, since I don't want to repeat anything, good or bad.
The good:
1. Staff:
Always nice and helpful. Maybe not always 100% sure regarding information but they were always able to contact someone who new. That was not always the case in the past. Also the organisation during and after the storms was a pretty good job. That had to be a nightmare for any organiser.
2. Bands:
I was not sure if I liked the line up before I went there this year. But after taking a closer look, I found quite some bands I really wouldn't have seen if they weren't on a festival.
3. Hofer:
Maybe slovenian Hofer has a slightly different concept than german aldi, but I was surprised by the selection of food and goods there. Of course, they did not have everything but therefore it was no problem to get that stuff from other places. And of course, they take care of the trash afterwards which is pretty good, obviously.
The bad:
1. Information about running order changes:
Of course, you had facebook, info point and main stage screens. But you should synchronise these different platforms better. Also, I am not sure if there was an info point at second stage. That would also help, I guess.
2. Hofer:
Also a negative thing: I know, that this mass of people at one time at a supermarket can be hard to handle but having to wait 30 minutes at the check-out is too long. Maybe you could pass this on to them for next year.
3. Parking price:
30 € is quite a lot. I know, that you did your calculations for that and I can't and don't want to look into your books but still, it is a lot.
4. Band cancellations:
Maybe not under your control but this year there were a lot last minute cancellations. Might have pissed of some people.
5. People leaving their thrash:
Again not your fault but I am not willing to pay higher ticket prices because more and more people leave their shit at the campgrounds after leaving.
Thanks for your answers!
Lifemocker
Cons:
-lineup sucked
-Whats the point of group camping if its open for everyone before whole group even arrives??
-Md is becoming expensive
-no info about timetable changes
-no big beers at 2nd stage
-food portions were usually small and expensive
-once again some sounds problems at main stage
-It would be nice to have atleast one place which serves food 24/7
-Organizers didn't care much about muddy roads
Pros:
+trollmean!!
+2nd stage had awesome sound
jonnny
My 10 cents for what its worth. As ever I had a fantastic time at MD and for every grumble I have, there are at least 10 things to praise. The things listed here are just the ones that spring to mind and overall MD is still, in my opinion, the best festival out there and I will be back next year.
Pros
• Security for the most part were excellent this year, I know their job can’t be easy especially with people shouting at them in 20 different languages
• Changes to the lineup were notified as well as I think is possible
Cons
• The campsite toilets were not emptied or even cleaned anywhere near enough. I was camped by the road entrance near the unfinished house. Those toilets were overflowing for most of the festival
• Garbage points were not open early enough or late enough.
• Lineup – I know it’s been said before (and don't expect this to be addressed here) but it was nowhere near as high quality for the most part as previous years. That said I did see some great bands whenever I headed down and was able to save money by drinking in camp most of the time so maybe it is for the best
• Manson – 55minutes. What was the point?
Paycard – My paycard went missing on Saturday night. Either lost or stolen (no idea which). There’s absolutely nothing to link the paycard to anything meaning I lost 50euros straight off. Someone somewhere will have found/stolen that and had a free 50euro card. Surely by now the technology is there to link cards to tickets or wristbands. I’d much rather pay a nominal fee (5 or 10euros) than have no card for the entire festival.
YOUR CARD CAN BE IDENTIFIED IF YOU KEPT YOUR RECEIPTS.
IF YOU BRING YOUR RECEIPTS TO US WE CAN BLOCK YOUR LOST CARD AND EVEN FIND IT WHEN SOMEONE ATTEMPT TO USE IT ON BARS OR FOOD POINTS.
That will do, I’m sure there’s more but they will get covered by others. Keep up the good work and I’ll see you next year
jonnny wrote:
• Changes to the lineup were notified as well as I think is possible
-when infopoint and facebook says that Batushka is playing 01:50 and screens on mainstage 00:15 its fucked up completely
-I was checking from internet & facebook that Equilibrium starts 19:35 but hey they suddenly started 19:15 - again absolutely no info about this
just to name a few
Khan
I had a blast. Some fantastic shows (Katatonia, Opeth, Blues Pills, Solstafir, Shining...). And the fest is getting better and better. I already bought tickets for the next year. Thank for all the improvements!
Pros:
+ the 3rd stage (amazing newcomer bands, decent sound, nice atmosphere, beautiful views).
+ The lineup.
+ Bevog black blood. Amazing. More please!
+ The newspaper. But I would like it to change more from day to day next year. More information on the bands of the day would be awesome. Also news about the camps, maybe discounts of the day etc. The collapsed stage should make it to the headlines, for example.
+ Clean toilets (where we were camping).
+ The way you handled the storms. Great work.
+ No dogs this year. Finally!
+ Warm showers.
+ Hofer never ran out of... anything? They even had fresh sandwiches, craft beer etc.
+ Craft beer at the festival. So many local producers, great.
Cons
- Some people drove with their cars to the camping only area and left it there for the whole week. Not acceptable.
- On the last day (Saturday) quite a few locals (all of the cars were registered in GO) drove with their cars into the camping only area. When we tried to do the same the security told us that this is strictly prohibited. How is this possible? The rules should be applied equally, no exceptions.
- I was very upset that you didn't inform us properly about the lineup changes on the NF stage. An example: on the 27th the band Zayn should play in the late afternoon. at 13:29 you posted on Facebook that their show was rescheduled and that they will play at 13:30. Beg your pardon? This is not acceptable, me and my friends missed the show and I imagine that the band was also not really happy about this treatment.
- The prices of food are getting a bit expensive, to put it mildly. 12 EUR for a burger, 6 EUR for an ice cream, 6 EUR for a vegan kebab. 6 EUR for the black blood beer was also quite a lot. I know that it's a limited edition craft beer, but 6 EUR for a 0.33L can is quite a steep price.
- The quality of the food suffered this year. Don't get me wrong, there is still a big variety of food available, but it was for example not possible to get a good medium rare burger (I missed the 7burger place). The vegan kebab was also not really good. What a shame, this was my favourite food at Metaldays. The food in Kulinaristan was on the other hand very nice.
- No information about the running order at the 2nd stage or on the 3rd stage. Is it really that hard to just print it out and glue it somewhere so people are informed about which band is performing?
Please inform Hofer that they should hire more staff. During the festival all 4 cash registers should be opened, at all times. Usually the queues were killing me.
blabber
Thanks for another great iteration of MetalDays, we had a blast.
Some points I noticed, besides the points already mentioned:
+ The beach bar was much better this year than the last years, for example this was the first time the DJ played decent music (YMMV). Now, just get rid of the volleyball field and add more of these giant djenga games :)
+ You did a great job, fixing up the main paths after the heavy rain.
+ I love the look of the beduine tents used this year for some of the bars and the slovenian village.
- I don't know why, but anytime I wanted to buy one of these 1 EUR beers to have a cold drink on the way from the camp ground to the stage or back, the stall was closed. Last years Hells Kitchen had better opening hours.
- I really missed the cold showers scattered around the camping ground (especially near the cemetary).
yerowww
here is my opinion:
the good:
- quite a few great bands
- the fence with a spot where i could hang my stuff next to the open showers was a nice touch.
- i found the portable toilets near my camp in a good state any time i choose to use them
- free monsters
the bad:
- xandria canceling(i know, they r human too. but i was looking forward to that show)
- the giant puddle of mud on a crossroads near our camp didn't get addressed at all.
- the food was quite expensive. i pretty much tried something from every vendor and was dissapointed each time. there was a burger spot(7 burgers i think it was called) at the camp last year and their stuff was great
- what the fuck is the point of having to gather 30+ numbers to register an organized group if u start letting people drive into the organized group area as soon as people r able to enter the camp wo extra payment?
- no one i talked to actually came to metaldays to see the Manson clown.(except for the people who only came for his show) he had a 90 minute slot and played 30 minutes of actual music. please don't waste our ticket money on people like him again.
- we can't drive out of the camp even if we need to go to a town that is an hours drive away? i get that going to Hofer and back is a bad thing when there is mud. but u can't ban exiting the fucking camp.
- plz give us more ways to find out about line up changes.(a screen near the food points would be nice) the mobile network had 5x the number of users it usually has so the sites wouldn't even load and going to the stage to stare at a screen for 3 minutes is not anyones idea of fun.
RC-8015
All in all, MD 2017 was a really good Festival, there were only two points, I did not like at all.
[*]The toillets were really bad this year. It seems the got emptied only once a day, so nearly all of them were complettely full and swapped over. The last two years, they were always really clean.
[*]At camping only area, we always try to make a path, through the camping area, so people don't have to walk through the tents. But people, which come later, always camp in the middle of the path. I think it would be really good, when there is a marked path, were camping is not allowed.
Reintz
Good stuff:
-Second stage, the sound was always amazing and Solstafir was just the icing on the cake
-All the staff around the festival, always helpful
-Dealing with the mud at the main stage straight away after the shitstorm
Neg stuff:
-Manson. I fucking knew it, he would rock up, take the money and fuck off as soon as he can.
-Main stage, the sound was off for so many bands, specially for Heaven Shall Burn
-Small beers at the bars (besides at the main stage bar). Don't make us run back and forth for a beer like this, it's cruel
-Info about the running order. Back in 2012 I missed SepticFlesh because there was no info about the time change, same shit happened this year yet again and you can't expect people to sit in facebook 24/7. Info screens would be helpful
-One week is just not enough. What I mean...after all, I still love the festival but it always feels like a week won't do (yes, I arrived already on Friday night)
In case you didn't get it: I absolutely love this festival and even though you can improve in so many ways, I respect all the hard work you put into this every single year.
heinzsz
just one thing:
jodionline
Some call her Doro I think. Please again. I like her.
THANK YOU OFFICIAL FORUM FRIENDS FOR DETAILED REVIEWS OF THE FESTIVAL. I COMMENTED SAME SUBJECTS IN PREVIOUS COMMENTS SO PLEASE READ IT ABOVE. I HAVE NOTICED ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND WILL DISCUSS IT WITH CREW AND WILL TRY TO UPGRADE IT FOR NEXT EDITIONS. IT REALLY HELP US TO IMPROVE OUR WORK!
SEE YOU AGAIN IN 2018!

https://www.mhshop-online.com/c373/metaldays-2018

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile WWW

Paycard – My paycard went missing on Saturday night. Either lost or stolen (no idea which). There’s absolutely nothing to link the paycard to anything meaning I lost 50euros straight off. Someone somewhere will have found/stolen that and had a free 50euro card. Surely by now the technology is there to link cards to tickets or wristbands. I’d much rather pay a nominal fee (5 or 10euros) than have no card for the entire festival.
IF YOU BRING YOUR RECEIPTS TO US WE CAN BLOCK YOUR LOST CARD AND EVEN FIND IT WHEN SOMEONE ATTEMPT TO USE IT ON BARS OR FOOD POINTS.

I did have all my receipts (i hadn't used it but had the original ticket given at the entry point) and went to both campsite entrances and a card point in the arena. They all said the same thing, that it was tough and nothing could be done. They offered a new, empty card but nothing about blocking the old one.

Its too late to care about it now but perhaps the staff need to know about this for next year.

It didn't ruin my festival, just meant I didn't eat or drink in the arena. Just wanted to make you aware it was an issue.

Keep up the good work and thanks for replying to me again

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 pm

found no answer for group camp fuckup

Quote:
At MD 2017 I saw one camp with a Confederate flag flying and I found it to be unnerving considering I am an American and struggled to meet any Americans at the festival yet this symbol of hate made it to the festival

WTF, goddamn flower people! What - are we at this point that we're going to play along with all the nonsense in this world? Everybody can be offended about every goddamn thing but that doesnt mean that we should try to please these people. Nonsense is nonsense and trying to ban everything what COULD BE offensive is just... damn STUPID.

jonnny wrote:

yeah after that even receipts come valuable - when you find one - you can claim that persons card for yourself - nonsense

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2