View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Regarding accommodation 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am
Posts: 10
Hello everyone,
me and my girlfriend (+ possibly more) are pretty much locked on going to Metaldays. It will be our first metal festival.

We do however want to sleep in a hotel or something indoors with a bed, as 5-6 days in camping is a bit too much for us. We're pretty frail :) It seems like all the hotels in the city centre are booked from what I could see. That's too bad.
There are some still available 13km+ away. Is that too far? Not sure if taxis are easily available, or if it would get too expensive.

If anyone has tips they'll be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you all!


Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 356
Location: Kuopio, Finland
Go Camping or stay home Id say


Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am
Posts: 10
Lifemocker wrote:
Go Camping or stay home Id say

Because it's essential for the experience or because non-camping options are too limited? I can def. see the charm of camping mentally, but not sure if we're physically up for it.


Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Slovenia
Udjur wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Go Camping or stay home Id say

Because it's essential for the experience or because non-camping options are too limited? I can def. see the charm of camping mentally, but not sure if we're physically up for it.


He is just a bit grumpy :P
It's all about experience. I personally have many relatives in Tolmin and yet, i would have never sleep at their place, as i rather camp.
There are many Apartments and a hotel, so check there. i'm sure you will find a place. Altough about camping: camping area is mostly on a field, just a small part is on the woods. I always camp in woods, but i think on field it shouldn't be to hard to survive. However you know best for yourself. There is 'Acommodation' section on MD page - i am sure you can still find some place

_________________
Can it be theres some sort of error,
Hard to stop the surmounting terror,
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?


Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 120
If no hostel/apartment are available you shouldn't be too worried of considering the camping. Metaldays is one of the least challenging places for such experience.

The great weather, the beach, the town just 5 minutes away, chilled running order and quite calmed camping area ensure that even feeble wimps survive with relative ease :lol:
After one full week there I was still up and running with no problem, whereas in other festivals I end up absolutely obliterated just after 3 days simply coz they don't offer the comfort of MD.

Not to mention you miss part of the experience ! :mrgreen:


Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am
Posts: 10
15kol wrote:
Udjur wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Go Camping or stay home Id say

Because it's essential for the experience or because non-camping options are too limited? I can def. see the charm of camping mentally, but not sure if we're physically up for it.


He is just a bit grumpy :P
It's all about experience. I personally have many relatives in Tolmin and yet, i would have never sleep at their place, as i rather camp.
There are many Apartments and a hotel, so check there. i'm sure you will find a place. Altough about camping: camping area is mostly on a field, just a small part is on the woods. I always camp in woods, but i think on field it shouldn't be to hard to survive. However you know best for yourself. There is 'Acommodation' section on MD page - i am sure you can still find some place

Thanks! We looked under apartments and found a few pretty or somewhat close that are still available.
Still gonna consider camping since people are recommending it.


Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am
Posts: 10
Wombat wrote:
If no hostel/apartment are available you shouldn't be too worried of considering the camping. Metaldays is one of the least challenging places for such experience.

The great weather, the beach, the town just 5 minutes away, chilled running order and quite calmed camping area ensure that even feeble wimps survive with relative ease :lol:
After one full week there I was still up and running with no problem, whereas in other festivals I end up absolutely obliterated just after 3 days simply coz they don't offer the comfort of MD.

Not to mention you miss part of the experience ! :mrgreen:

Good to know. Maybe we should consider trying the camping. Is theft a problem?


Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Slovenia
Udjur wrote:
Wombat wrote:
If no hostel/apartment are available you shouldn't be too worried of considering the camping. Metaldays is one of the least challenging places for such experience.

The great weather, the beach, the town just 5 minutes away, chilled running order and quite calmed camping area ensure that even feeble wimps survive with relative ease :lol:
After one full week there I was still up and running with no problem, whereas in other festivals I end up absolutely obliterated just after 3 days simply coz they don't offer the comfort of MD.

Not to mention you miss part of the experience ! :mrgreen:

Good to know. Maybe we should consider trying the camping. Is theft a problem?

camp area is fenced and you need ticket to enter. even two years ago when there was no fence there were a very small amount of thefts. Slovenia is quite a safe country

_________________
Can it be theres some sort of error,
Hard to stop the surmounting terror,
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?


Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 120
There are always thefts in big fests but if you use your brain (avoid leaving anything valuable in the tent when you are outside, don't walk around with 500€ cash in your wallet, etc....) it shouldn't be a problem at all.


Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 356
Location: Kuopio, Finland
Udjur wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Go Camping or stay home Id say

Because it's essential for the experience or because non-camping options are too limited? I can def. see the charm of camping mentally, but not sure if we're physically up for it.

you miss half of metaldays if youre not "down to camping". bands are ok but all the fun happens around camping area


Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.