View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Feedback 2018 

Thank you Boban and team for organizing a good festival and all the effort that was put into it! I am not sure if anyone is still reading this forum (or this part of it) so if there is no answer I'll post it later probably to FB. I am an oldie at the Metaldays festival but this was my first festival of this kind so I'd like to submit my feedback. In hope for some answers or improvement if the organiziers will pursue to make this festival work also in the comming years.

The pricing of the packages does not work that well. I got my ticket combined with MD18 ticket so it was almost for free. Because I don't ski I decided in the end to take only the apartment together with two other people who decided to get accommodation+ski pass. I paid for my apartment part 140euro. If I took the wellness package it would be 220eur, the same as the ski one. My issue: when I checked the Aquapark pricing I realized something. A day ticket is 13,70eur (Saturday 14eur) and with sauna included 23eur (Saturday 25eur). That means if I bought every day the ticket with sauna the 3 day holiday would cost me 211eur (140eur accommodation + 71eur wellness). That is 9eur less than the package offered on the WdoM website (which was also without sauna included!). That is a bit of a rip off.

We also figured out getting the ski pass does not really pay off. Or better said the risk of it was not worth it. It was practically not possible to ski this year because of either too much wind or snow. In comparison: a regular 3 day ticket is 87eur or 3x daily 92eur summed up (half day even less), MD offer 80eur. We agreed it's better to pay 7eur more than lose 80eur if it is not possible to ski and somehow you can't know until the last day how the weather is going to turn out.

In my opinion it would be better to offer discounts for festival participants and then I can decide there what I want to do. But that is just from a visitor perspective, I don't know how your contracts are made or how do you do deals with Bohinj. I can just tell you that most probably, if there are next installments of the festival, we'll probably try to search for our own accomodation (I believe a better apartment for 3 people for 4 nights can cost less than 420euro) and then plan our activities according to the weather. If the organizer says I don't care about this additional offer that Bohinj prepares, then I also don't, but if you lose money and visitors this way, maybe this is to be considered.

The festival area or hall is quite nice although a lot of room for improvement. My biggest complaint is the lady working at the coats. She was most of the time very unfriendly, unhappy and not very motivated. Luckily the coat traffic was not too overwhelming otherwise they would not be able to handle it. I am still perplexed how it was so difficult to swiftly organize max 100 coats. Luckily we had time and were patient. Also not having an XL WdoM hoodie during the 3rd band of 1st day was a bit surprising. It would be nice to have an area where you can sit down. The floor was dirty (although a lot of people were sitting at the wall in the back) and hanging around from 6pm until 1am can be a bit difficult.

I know I am old but Skalmöld were brtutally loud.

Otherwise I did enjoy the festival and would love to come back! I am looking forward to new confirmations and the decision when the next festival will be!

T.H.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:27 pm

It was my first time at the WDOM and had a really nice time at the festival last week and here is my feedback:

positive:
- the location is a great choice and everything was reachable in quite a few minutes.
- the organisation worked pretty well and our arrival was handled really well. We got all information within a few minutes. Only some signs on the streets to the venue with "WDOM" on them would have been nice. But we knew we had to go to camp danica, so it wasn't really a problem.
- the staff was friendly and helpful as we know it from the summer edition
- the sound was really good most of the time. Good job!

negative:
- as already that in the post before mine, the pricing of the packages. The idea with the discount on wellness and skiing passes sounds pretty good. Of course, I have no idea if it is possible for you to handle it that way. But maybe it will attract more people.
- especially at the first day of concerts it would have been nice to be able to have a possibility to sit down inside the venue. Of course, standing for some hours is not really a problem but sitting down for a drink sounds not to bad to be.
- put a deposit on cups. Maybe that will prevent people from throwing their not completely empty beers in the crowd (I will never get it why anyone would throw beer away but this might help).
- keep the website up until after the festival. I wanted to check the running order on saturday evening and all I saw was the survey.

I really hope that this festival will continue and won't be a minus in your business. Keep up the work!

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]