View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ride from Ljubljana to Tolmin 

hey everyone

me and friend of mine will travel from munic to ljubljana via flixbus on 22th july.
we will arrive at the main bus station in the evening about 8 or 9 pm and have no idea how to get to tolmin from that point... :?

now i'm hoping for any of you guys to drive from ljubljana and can pick us up maybe or does any of you have an idea how to get there?
i couldn't find any bus or train connections for it will be sunday evening :cry:

sorry to bother you with my bad organisation skills & thanks a lot for anyyyyyy help :D

Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 am

Unless you get very lucky and find a lift, at that time of night personally I would spend the night in Ljubljana (a lovely city and an excellent place to spend an evening) and then get over to the festival first thing Monday.

If you leave Ljubljana at 9pm you wouldn't get to Tolmin until 11pm anyway and by the time you have set up your camp it will be very late.

Conversely you could pick a decent bar in Ljubljana for a few beers/cocktails/wines then wake up early and get either the direct bus, or the train via Jesenice to Most na Soci. Arriving at Metaldays by lunchtime.

Can I just ask, are you on the 13:10 bus from Munich or the 16:10?

If you are on the 13:10, that is due to stop in Bled at 18:26 which would give you plenty of time to get to the train station for the last train of the day to Most Na Soci.

Hope that helps

Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am

the bus actually goes from ingolstadt to ljubljana directly without any stops and will arrive at 19:30 pm. but since it will be a few kilometers to pass i think we should maybe expect a little delay.

if we can't find a way to get to tolmin on sunday we will surely have to spend the night in ljubljana eventually but i really want to avoid this ^^

btw the actual plan was to get picked up by a friend who will already be at the festival then, but due to ... hm certain circumstances... we should have a plan b ;-)

Fri May 18, 2018 8:22 am

That is a good friend to leave Tolmin to pick you up!

As I said unless you are lucky and find a lift then you will be in Ljubljana for the night.

I'm not an expert here but both Google Maps and the FlixBus website both seem to say that your bus stops in Bled so my initial suggestion could still be valid. (I searched Ingolstadt to Bled and Ingolstadt to Ljubljana, both leave at midday and seems unlikely to me they are different buses!)

good luck!

Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]