View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Travel from Ljubljana and back to the airport early! 

Hi everyone,

Me and my friend are travelling from the UK for Metal days! It's our first one and we're super excited! We arrive in Ljubljana on Friday the 20th and are staying there friday and saturday night and heading to the festival on sunday! Can anyone recommend the cheapest and easiest way of getting to tolmin? I know there are the official festival shuttles but I've read very bad reviews so ideally don't want to use them. We also have a very early flight on the sunday morning 29th July, our flight leaves at 10:30am so we need to be back at the airport by 9am ideally. Can anyone give us ideas of how we get there without spending a fortune on a private transfer?

Thanks alot!
Will

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm

1. Train from Ljubljana to Most na Soči and then from Most na Soči with local bus (short distance) to Tolmin.

http://www.slo-zeleznice.si/en/ (enter departure and destination)

2. Bus directly from Ljubljana to Tolmin

https://www.ap-ljubljana.si/en/ (enter departure and destination)

Both options are relatively cheap, but keep in mind that there isn't a lot of lines, and even less in Sunday, so check schedule very carefully and then don't be too late.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm

I personally use the train to Most na Soci, good atmosphere and a picturesque journey. the bus is an option too but I found that to be hot and stuffy.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]