View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Alternative Running Orders 

Hi all,

l created some alternative running orders for MetalDays 2018.

This is a web based running order, optimized for usage on mobile devices with small screens, but it also works well on larger screens. Bands that have already played will be displayed with a grey background, the currently playing band will be displayed with a red background.

If you run a Sailfish OS device, you can find a native running order app here. This app also highlights currently playing bands and bands that already palyed.

If you are looking for something compact and printable, feel free to use this PDF. It displays all bands that are playing on the main and second stage for all five days on a single page. Overlapping performances are clearly visible. (Thanks to Rockster for pushing me into creating this thing.)

Of course this is unofficial and provided as is, without any warranty. For authorative information, refer to the official Running Order.

Technical background: All these different running orders are based on the output of mdjson, a web scraper that turns the official HTML based running order into machine readable JSON. The JSON representation of the current running order is available via GitHub. This is updated every 30 minutes and the running orders based on it should be updated automatically accordingly.

All this stuff is free software, feel free to send patches. All this stuff is licensed under the beerware license. So, if you find this stuff useful, look out for a guy with short hair, a black vest, a Bolt Thrower backpatch and a Turtles tattoo on his right leg and buy him a beer ;)

See you in Tolmin,

blabber

Edit: I changed the title of this post from "Mobile friendly Running Order" to "Alternative Running Orders" and consolidated the informations about all my running orders in this first post.

Last edited by blabber on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Hey blabber,

That looks pretty cool! \m/

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:54 pm

I just added an additional feature: Bands that already played will be displayed with a grey background and the currently playing band will be displayed with a red background. I hope this helps with quick glances on the running order.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:13 am

Looks helpful and nice :)

Hint:
What I miss, is printable thingy with all running orders on one page for whole week - like in previous years.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Rockster wrote:
What I miss, is printable thingy with all running orders on one page for whole week - like in previous years.

To be honest, I don't understand why people want printed running orders... Everything printed will be outdated sooner or later.

That being said, if I can find some spare time, I will look into it. No promises, though.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Because it's nice to see everything on one single page, to make plans what to see and what not, to bring printed copy or two on festival maybe, to ponder with friends together about schedule, etc ... That's just the way I am :)
Example what I am talking about: https://i.imgur.com/hEYgNjH.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work and I will surely use it as long wifi in camp work as it suppose to.
Thank you for that.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Rockster and anybody wanting a timetable style running order, I have something cooking for you \m/

It's work in progress, but as you can see, the basic algorithm is done.

https://imgur.com/a/00UtZ8s

I had to drop the Newforces Stage... It won't fit on one page :(

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 am

Hey, that's awesome! :)
Thank you for your work and time dedicated to this. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who will find it useful and appreciate it.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am

blabber wrote:
It's work in progress, but as you can see, the basic algorithm is done.
Hey, good job, thank you so much!
By the way, I already made for myself something for Wacken 2018 in Excel.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm

As requested, I created a single page, timetable like running order. You can find it here:

https://github.com/blabber/mdjson-latex ... aldays.pdf

To fit everything on one page, I had to ignore the Newforces Stage. Sorry for that.

If everything works as expected, this running order will be updated autmatically when the official running order changes, but I have to wait for running order changes to test this out.

Have fun.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next