View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
MD 2018 announcements 

2017 barely ended and there are as usually first 2018 announcements

What's your first impression?

Bölzer, Shining (the proper ones if I may say), Schammasch (hell yeah!), DNS ... with Coroner on the top. I must admin that this got my attention.
Unlike first 2017 relatively pop rock HM oriented announcements there seems to be some not extremely commercial, but promising blackened beginning of 2018 list. Interesting.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:41 pm

First impression: NOTHING interesting

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:39 am

I love Primordial live and Coroner will also be nice to see.

Other than that it just seems like a bunch of boring trvu black metal bands to me. I mean - "Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult" :roll: The band really tried too hard with this name. :lol:

Looking forward to future confirmations.

PS: We already saw THE Shining this year, and they were amazing. :lol:

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 am

Lifemocker wrote:
First impression: NOTHING interesting

Nearly the same to me.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am
Profile WWW

I'm happy to see Primordial on it, which already makes the lineup more interesting for me than this year's one alltogether. I hope more bands I like will follow. :D

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Khan wrote:
Other than that it just seems like a bunch of boring trvu black metal bands to me. I mean - "Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult" :roll: The band really tried too hard with this name. :lol:

DNS are quite generic, nothing interesting for sure.
But Schammasch, Ultha and Bölzer are veeeeeery far from being "a bunch of trvu black metal bands". I recommend giving them a try.

As far as I'm concerned, this looks MASSIVE. I mean, the 2018 line-up is already better than in 2017!!
Already got some 4-5 amazing black metal bands, and impossible to top grind (Rotten Sound) and thrash (Coroner).

That's the way I like MD. Keep it up and I might drop by next year :D

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Wombat wrote:
Khan wrote:

DNS are quite generic, nothing interesting for sure.
But Schammasch, Ultha and Bölzer are veeeeeery far from being "a bunch of trvu black metal bands". I recommend giving them a try.

Ok, I gave them a try and I have to say that Bölzer and Schammasch sound interesting. Thank you for the tip! Ultha is not my cup of tea though. Sounds too "raw" for my taste.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:46 pm

That's exactly my opinion!

DNS and Hecate Enthroned ... nothing special (although now melodic HE aren't bad at all), but personally I think that it's good to see something extra blackened among 100 other heavy/folk/rock/thrash/etc bands which will poop out later. I was missing that last summer.

What makes me really glad here are names Schammasch (again, Hell yeah!), Bölzer, Primordial, Ultha, Shining which brought first 2018 annoucements to a completely new level compared to 2017 first annoucements.
And then Rotten Sound as best possible opposition to those czech toilet grind clowns we saw last summer and then old Coroner (I grew up with No More Color masterpiece), not as popular as some of their american thrash counterparts, but simply ... annoucement for metal gourmets!
Some more names in this manner and I won't think twice ...

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:47 pm

MetalDays 2018 Line up announcement!
Dear friends,
We are happy to present you line up for MetalDays 2018.
As you may see we are not able to announce all headliners yet. It has to do with their tour routings and we will announce them as soon as we get green light from their Managements. But MetalDays is not just about headliners, is it? MetalDays is about Metal in general, great music, awesome party and we did not want you to wait any longer; therefore we are very excited to be able to announce lineup for MetalDays 2018, as there are so many amazing bands in our bill; Accept, Hatebreed, Alestorm, Cannibal Corpse, Epica, Municipal Waste, Ensiferum, Primordial, Watain, Hate, Rage, Jinjer, Goatwhore, Belphegor, and many, many more! MetalDays lineup as per today is available here: http://www.metaldays.net/Line_up
Like in year 2017, there will be 3 festival stages : Ian Fraser Lemmy Kilmister stage (main stage), Bosko Bursac stage (2nd stage) and NewForces stage, dedicated fully to newcomer bands.
As always metalDays 2018 will be limited to 12000 tickets only and until now over 50% are sold already, so hurry up.
We are sure, that there is something in our lineup for each and everyone of you. Do not hesitate and purchase your festival tickets on time on: https://www.mhshop-online.com/c373/metaldays-2018.
While we will be working on getting our festival lineup even more amazing, all you need to do is purchase a ticket, book your holidays and enjoy the weeks in front of you.
Looking forward seeing you all in Tolmin next summer!

Attachments:
facebook_flyer-1800x1200-var2-head-1.jpg
facebook_flyer-1800x1200-var2-head-1.jpg [ 767.81 KiB | Viewed 133 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

Not bad for the beginning.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next