View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Wishlist 2018 

Reintz wrote:
jodionline wrote:
I'm sorry if I interrupt your discussion here, but I find music is a question of the personal taste. And I would also agree that the Metaldays is probably the best festival in Europe, but of course I wasn't on all festivals across Europe. I think it's the best. I would also like more Doom Metal, but the festival is still cool. :)

Thanks for joining in. That's what I've been saying - no matter what bands are playing there, you'll always find some people complaining about the lack of "good bands" or "true metal bands."

Metaldays will always be more about the festival itself for me. If'd like to see certain bands or certain genres, there are definitely better festivals or random club shows for that, but no other festival in the world can match the festival everyday life/vibe and atmosphere in Tolmin though.

One can of course: 70.000 Tons of Metal !

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:15 pm
Profile WWW

Reintz wrote:
Lifemocker wrote:
Reintz wrote:
Right...and if they can't book them for whatever reasons (band's not available etc) and instead they have more death and extreme metal, people like me would go nuts and say "This is the best festival ever."

but not because of music ;)

I already think this is the best festival out there (been to many different festivals over Europe) and if they would add more tech death and extreme metal, lose all thrash and doom, I'd love it even more.
Do you get what I'm saying? Just because I think it would make the festival better doesn't mean that the rest of the visitors would find it that way.

I didnt find anybody this year who thought that the line up was ok or even decent.

I dont have to like everything but if theres only handful of ok bands in a week festival... thats really poor job they made
Could expect that from a weekend festival but this is different case.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:05 pm

I know one, my girlfriend. She loved the line-up this year. For me it was not as good as the last years, but ok.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile WWW

There was this local girl camping with us and she was just buzzing every single day because she was about to see Amon Amarth. How can a band like AA make someone so happy, I really don't know, but hey - it was the absolute highlight for her so there you have it.

I had at least 5 bands there I wanted to see and all together I went to see maybe around 15? bands which is good enough for me.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:47 am

I wanted to see Opeth and Solstafir, but on this day somebody opened the Raki-Bottle. So I only saw a few minutes from both bands I think. :? :D

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 am
Profile WWW

jodionline wrote:
I wanted to see Opeth and Solstafir, but on this day somebody opened the Raki-Bottle. So I only saw a few minutes from both bands I think. :? :D

God damn, I really feel for you. I'm a huge Solstafir fan and they absolutely killed it! Opeth only played for few minutes so you didn't miss anything haha.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 am

Reintz wrote:
jodionline wrote:

God damn, I really feel for you. I'm a huge Solstafir fan and they absolutely killed it! Opeth only played for few minutes so you didn't miss anything haha.

Opeth played the whole set, and it was a killer show after some technical issues. Here is the setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/opeth/20 ... 5f911.html

+ I think they also played The Baying of the Hounds.

PS: I think that the lineup was quite nice this year. I also think that bands like Katatonia, for example, really put on a great show.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Katatonia was really great.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:53 am
Profile WWW

Well yeah the problem with why there aren't more black metal bands is more that they all 'need' to play at night. I understand that, since the night and the lights bring a better show/mysticism for them. It's quite a regular demand really and there is just not enough night slots to accomodate black metal bands and other genre headliners, who of course also like to play on the last slots. Black metal is my favourite subgenre in metal, so be sure I would want more of it ;)

The best solution to this was when the 2nd stage worked till really late hours - so more night slots, but we got a lot of moans from our audience that it's just too late for the majority. So we are back to 'normal' timings now.

Bo and me are always checking your wish lists, but of course the slots and the budget is limited. Metaldays is not Wacken. ;) Metal is also a very diverse genre and it's impossible to make everyone happy. It's not like going to the store with a golden VISA and buy everything you think of infinitively. Usually what you want is what you don't get here. There are so many variables why a desired band can't come in the end, it's quite frustrating really. But we try nevertheless...

Well just keep posting your wishes, some might become reality in the end. If not on this edition, maybe on the future ones. Hopefully we will make most of you happy in the end ;)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:13 pm

2ndStageRox wrote:
There are so many variables why a desired band can't come in the end, it's quite frustrating really. But we try nevertheless...

I may be wrong, but I got impression like this initial 2018 bands announcement got relatively positive acceptance among your audience compared to last year announcements? I know, it's too early to say anything as there's a lot more to come, but following some general opinion (not just at this board) you may be on right track to please more people than last year. Keep 'em coming! :-)

P.S. I hope I don't speak too soon :P

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next