View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Serious discussion about safety... 

I certainly don't want to make anyone anxious, but as an American travelling to this part of the continent, I'm somewhat worried about safety. Not from thieves or drunk revelers, but rather from the ongoing terrorism in Europe. I know there's a microscopic chance radical people will choose the small city of Tolmin for an attack, but attacks have been seemingly random in other parts of the continent and a metal concert was one of them!

Does anyone have opinions on this? Are the safety measures in place going to be sufficient? What about the local police?

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:04 pm

the risk to gett killed by a "normal" killer is a 1000times higher that the risk of a terrorist attack.
the risk to get killied in a car accident is a million times higher.

so why that hysteria?
it only hands the terrorists what they want: attention - fame

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:13 am

Slovenia is a hell of a lot safer than America

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 am

jonnny wrote:

I definitely agree with that, but Brussels and Paris are supposedly safe, too. Once again, the threat of terrorism isn't going to stop me from going, but I was just wondering how the locals have been dealing with the general increase in threat.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:00 pm

most countries are pretty safe - of course depending how you act by yourself and do you use any common sense or not

if you really worry about terrorism....puhhh build a personal bomb shelter and stay there rest of your life - its the only way to make it sure

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:17 am

Imminence wrote:
Once again, the threat of terrorism isn't going to stop me from going, but I was just wondering how the locals have been dealing with the general increase in threat.

the locals don't care about that at all.

Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm

I can't imagine, that Slovania could be an interesting target for terrrosim. Unfortunately nobody knows what's going on in that weird fanatic heads.

All is one!!!

Mon May 02, 2016 6:55 pm
Profile WWW

I think, a terrorist attack at a Metal Festival in Tolmin is about as likely as an Al Kaida driven air plane crash into a cheese factory in Wisconsin.
Not completely impossible - but very, very, very unlikely. Your chance of getting killed at the airport is so much higher that I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about your safety at the Festival.

Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 am

15kol wrote:
Imminence wrote:
Once again, the threat of terrorism isn't going to stop me from going, but I was just wondering how the locals have been dealing with the general increase in threat.

the locals don't care about that at all.

only americans are afraid of terrorism because thats the reason their government give to their people to justify their actions abroad (which are stealing nature resources and get influence in foreign countries)

Tue May 03, 2016 10:27 am

Imminence wrote:
jonnny wrote:

I definitely agree with that, but Brussels and Paris are supposedly safe, too. Once again, the threat of terrorism isn't going to stop me from going, but I was just wondering how the locals have been dealing with the general increase in threat.

This intrigues me, do Americans in general think that Europe is in a state of high alert?

Tue May 03, 2016 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next