View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
What happened to METAL days? 

O, boy... what happened to metaldays lately?

I see lineup consisted with some known rock names supported with some obscure 3rd or 4th class metal bands.
We skipped MD last year in favour of Brutal Assault and now seeing band list at MD we may end up at BA again. With random 10% of BA bands one can form better lineup than MD will have this year have. I feel sorry for those who bought weekly cards before lineup announcement.
Beautiful surrounding can't compensate shitty lineup long term. How sad...

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 pm

This happened to metaldays:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Not long ago, MD did have good things such as this:

Now instead of KD, we get MM or Amon Amarth. Where is the doom/stoner/sludge (Candlemass, EHG, OG, etc...)? And quality grindcore (that rules out Gutalax, Rectal Smegma & similar)?? Black metal went down to 3 (!) bands on the whole line-up for 2017!
Even the third-tier bands had some quality back then (Extreme Smoke 57, Canyon Observer,...). Now we get shitty newcomer bands that no one cares about and are completely forgettable.

A few friends that really want to try MD keep on pushing back every year because of bad line-ups. Needless to say, they were convinced of finally hitting MD this year but it leans more and more towards BA once again (not that I mind, BA is an awesome festival).
I think that since MD is limited to 12k people (much less than other "big known" festivals), organizers don't put efforts into line-up to attract people.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Like I have said:

now a days their agenda is to promote hippie stuff, not to make good METAL festival

they have reached the point (comfy level) where people come there for holiday no matter what bands are playing so they dont need to make an effort anymore in band part (sadly)

Wombat wrote:
leans more and more towards BA once again (not that I mind, BA is an awesome festival).

hows their camping really? I have heard...not that good things about it

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:33 am

Lifemocker wrote:

they have reached the point (comfy level) where people come there for holiday no matter what bands are playing so they dont need to make an effort anymore in band part (sadly)

Wombat wrote:
leans more and more towards BA once again (not that I mind, BA is an awesome festival).

By my experience whole camping organization isn't on a MD level and things may not be so comfy, however if you prefer music above everything, BA lineup beats MD in every aspect.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 am

Lifemocker wrote:

As Rockster said, it's not the most comfy around. But I think it's more than fine, unless you want to be a princess.

Good points would be: massive amount of shade as it is mostly in the woods so you can sleep without the sun annoying you. They also have two gate entries for the festival area which makes it really practical (I recommend the back one, much less people & more space for camping).
Bad points would be: kind of wild with no clear delimitations and toilet/shower access is bad. But this a metal festival not a fucking luxury resort :lol:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:51 am

Wombat wrote:
Bad points would be: kind of wild with no clear delimitations and toilet/shower access is bad. But this a metal festival not a fucking luxury resort :lol:

so is there security issues?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Lifemocker wrote:
so is there security issues?

Didn't see anything unusual when I was there (last two editions). Of course I heard of thefts and prowlers in the night, but not more than other festivals (I witnessed creepier things at Hellfest for example...).

Part of the camping is on public ground so you can sometimes see regular people passing by with their kids and dogs, plus some gypsy kids hang around the morning after the fest to pick up stuff left behind. Harmless as far as I'm concerned. There is a cheap VIP camping for those that are reeeaaally concerned (but without tree shade).

I think if you follow common sense (never leave valuables in tent, etc...), there should be no issue.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi,
I appreciate your worries about MD and can assure you there is nothing to worry.
We still put as much effort in MD as always, and this include Line up.
According to our sales this year it is more than clear that more people like 2017 Line up than they did in previous years.
Line up is not easy task...it is mix of availability, financial possibilities and wish...and music tastes and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...but I am sure you all know this already.
I have understand that you guys are not happy with chosen bands but there is also good news, there are festivals with Line up that you like...so feel welcome to visit them...it is exactly what I would do if I would be unhappy with MD 2017 offer.
Lifemocker, my favourite Finish visitor, I can see you are very committed to criticise MD here in forum and FB and I can just thank you for showing me every time how much my festival means to you. I really do.
Have a nice Sunday, all of you.

https://www.facebook.com/MetalDaysFestival

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile WWW

I honestly doubt that line-up is what selling your cards lately, just as we didn't bought upfront 30% (or how many?) earliest bird cards last summer based on your still unknown future line up, however this kind of attitude can sooner or later bite you in the ass.

Btw. will at least 5th "TBA yet" be some decent metal band or we're sticking mainly with pop-rock-hardrock headlining stuff + some mediocre metal addition supporting them now?

You were doing awesome line-ups in past. This one from 2013 Wombat posted above as example is every metalhead's wet dream. Of course name MetalDays that time wasn't so renowned as today and most likely also sale because of that didn't go so good as today, however this poor 2017 line up now ... Does anyone even talk today that s/he's coming to MD this year because of bands at all?
Do you really believe that old reputation and nice surrounding can pull you out long term? And that it's germans wet dream is to see every year german bands at stage as main part of your music offer? Yes, we all (Slovenians) would sing-along with Vlado Kreslin, Siddharta and Tinkara Kovač at Wacken too, but that's far from our wet dream to see there as headlining music offer + some mediocre international bands supporting them. You can do it better. We saw that in past.

I like MD and it would sucks to lose it long term, because you started to neglect loyal metal fan base in attempt to mainly please just tourists who may not be here to support your festival in years to come, while metalheads, as we heard from one of your co-workers some time back, can be most loyal and grateful public long term.

Last edited by Rockster on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next