View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
What happened to METAL days? 

I disagree,
Iced Earth, Loudness, Amon Amarth, Katatonia, Bloodbath, Opeth, Pain, Abbath, Doro, Sanctuary, Blues Pills.... I won't even mention Manson as you're obviously his hater ;) What's wrong with this lineup? I actually would like to see each and every band here - but probably will not have time :( .

What better headliner bands does BA offer you? please, I'm intrigued ;)
Swans, Life of Agony, God is an astronaut? Uhh sorry that's the hippie jazz stuff right? :D

PS Don't get me wrong, I really like the BA lineups otherwise. Especially the not so known bands of their lineup.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Did you just randomly picked up some names or those are actual healiners? Because to be honest I have no idea who's headliner at BA as there's http://brutalassault.cz/en/ almost in every line band or two who can take role of a headliner at our MD.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Well the three hippie jazz artists (that you would probably call if they played MD) I mentioned did and would fill up the Kino Siska venue quite nicely. I believe Life of Agony would sell out Kino Siska without major problems. So yes they are headliner material.

So please let me know from the BA lineup, which bands would fill in the shoes of the MD 'headliners'. Who are the crowd getters that make the BA lineup so better than the MD lineup.
We have one for sure Emperor. I would love to see them also... next?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:49 pm

BA is know to be a festival that doesn't focus on headliners. With the exception of Emperor and Master's Hammer this year (just like Mastodon or Slayer on previous years), they rather focus on all around solid line-ups and most of the time, the line-up announcements don't even make a clear distinction on who is the über-headliner and who are the third tier bands. There is no need to.
If BA manages to gather 15k-16k+ every year, it's because the whole line-up is very solid on all sides: death, black, doom, thrash, grind... they even have quite some -core, and throw in weird bands that make it interesting like Perturbator or Chelsea Wolfe last year, or Igorrr and Swans this year (and that is great, but I doubt MD will ever pull off something as good as that).

So people who like music and (extreme)metal in general will always find 20-30 bands to check out. The reason to go is the line-up. Not the beach party (which can happen about anywhere with a sea/river, no need to go to Tolmin for that). Unlike MD, BA doesn't need to bring big mainstream stuff like Amon Amarth or Volbeat to gather masses. It's a different model, that targets a different audience (most of the time).

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Ah you ruined the question for rockster ;) ... exactly. No point in comparing the two festivals, as the model is completely different, even if some bands play on both festivals.
The question was intended for rockster just because of his headliner/support fetish. It was a good opportunity to crack this.

Still they have quite some good bigger core bands at BA. Impressed... I didn't notice that before.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm

It's not my fetish, but actually yours. It's latest MD logic to offer few random stars + 90 average 3rd & 4th tier bands + some old forgotten insignificant thrash band as addition to look nice. And now if those mainstream 3 - 4 hard rock stars for some reason aren't your cup of a tea, you can only hope that among those average 90 3rd & 4th tier bands will be two or three by your liking.

Beside that you fail also with die hard 'one genre' fan as exacuse why we don't like 2017 lineup. As example from what i saw my music taste isn't exactly the same as Wombats or taste other people posted in this thread which is quite interesting regarding your 'one genre' fan argument. Personally I can be excited with at least two bands disregarding genre in every line here http://brutalassault.cz/en/ which means 20 - 30 bands as opposition to 2 - 3 bands at MD.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:19 pm

From what's seen on flyer Cancer and Bloodbath play in same day around same time. If you swap Cancer and Shining (btw. you booked wrong Shining) people may have at least one decent death metal night while no one else lose anything.
Just suggestion.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Rockster wrote:
Personally I can be excited with at least two bands disregarding genre in every line here http://brutalassault.cz/en/ which means 20 - 30 bands as opposition to 2 - 3 bands at MD.

Hehe, I don't buy it one bit ;) So you like just 2-3 bands out of 5 that both festivals are having and nothing else on MD right? ;)

Well almost 50% of bands on that link played in the last editions of Metaldays. We share a lot of bands. So go figure...

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Huh? Care to elaborate? This thread is about 2017 MD edition specifically, but I am pretty sure that with selected pickup from last 3 editions together you can build one decent BA line up too, if that's your point?

Like said, I like Absu and I will glady go to see MGLA (although they were boring as hell last summer at BA) and over-hyped Batushka. And then excitement (if this can be called excitement at all) for me ends. This makes exactly 2 - 3 bands I will gladly see at MD as I stated above, correct?
Of course I won't lay in my tent all nights long and I may check with curiosity some Bloodbath, Sanctuary, Venom inc... or even less known Dordeduh, Firtan and Fir Bolg in the middle of the day on smallest stage.. as I will be already there, but that's more or less all.

What do you have to buy here?

Maybe that I like quality black metal (Marduk, Rotting Christ, Emperor... at BA this year)? That's it's always good to see first class death metal acts Morbid Angel + awesome Fallujah, Suffocation (woah!), Gorguts, Nile, Incantantion etc... at BA this year. That I like quality melodic dm (Wolfheart - Toumas is Legend!, Wintersun - Jari, we want new album!... at BA this year)? That there's some first class doom (Mourning Beloweth and Swallow the Sun at BA this year - btw. I saw them too recently at show you organized in Orto bar ), etc... Damn, there are even Samael! You won't believe, but I saw Swans in LJ decades ago four times ... but I am not much familiar what they are doing now, to be honest. Interesting pickup for METAL festival for sure.
I can continue that way and count even more than 20 quality bands who recorded some impressive music in years of their existence and which I would gladly see at BA this year if I wouldn't foolishly reserved my vacations time at work at the end of the July specifically for MD + bought card upfront directly at venue last year.
And now I am stucked with... some Doro, MM, Kadaver, Norwegian Shining, Blue Pills, Vision of Atlantis pop, Xandria pop, mainstream czech grind for clowns in Borat swimsuit, some half forgotten average thrash bands etc... and I doubt that even some "musically average but maybe still good to see" reunited Cancer can save the day among all this crap.

And don't get me wrong, I gave a chance and checked other less known bands I didn't heard before in hope to find some precious and not yet discovered jewel before I appear at MD. As example, as there's no quality gothic doom represented this year at MD at all, I checked those italians The Foreshadowing. Oh, God ... what a boring generic sad 3rd class waste of time... Guess we will skip doom at MD this year completely (as there's none anyway).

What do you have to buy here? Seriously, what are you accusing me now?

Last edited by Rockster on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:09 am

Finally we are getting somewhere. I really wanted to see your higlights on another festival you cherish so I can see what the hell is bothering you. I ain't accussing you anything, except that it's a bit hard to believe you are finding such a small amount of bands here since you know your metal.

So I see you don't like the traditional heavy metal and rock, which is a first problem for you at Metaldays. Metaldays and even Metalcamp have always had bigger bands in this genre. I personally also think that this is a must.
Doro, Icead Earth, Loudness, Sanctuary, Grand Magus, Hell, Witchfynde,... this year is just an every year pick of these bands. PS Your nickname here is quite deceiving, I would guess by it that you would love these bands :)

Well nice pick of your bands, but the problem is that we are not fond on repeating (rarly anyone repeats, usually if a bands get from the second stage to the main stage next year) as we have so many bands in the line, that want to play here. Your list of BA highlights more or less already played here. (you probably meant Mayhem, not Marduk)
We could follow the recipe of Metalcamps by repeating the bands all the time. I don't think that was really a good receipe.

Well I'm still amazed that you like Wolfheart or Swallow the Sun and not The Foreshadowing (and again with the they suck attitude), or even mention Katatonia.
Fallujah is good but Aversions crown and Fit for an Autopsy not? You should also check Loathe maybe.
Abbath? Abbath! :D
Regarding the thrash metal remarks, all thrash bands this year are formed after 2001 in the new wave (except Death Angel). Not forgotten, but still charging...

Well I hope you find something more appealing today with the last announcement.
Otherwise I'm still a bit off with your negative expressions on the bands. Stop being grumpy! ;)

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next