View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wishlist for 2017 

Graveland? They play at a fest on 28th-29th July in Hungary. Would be great to have them as they recently started playing live, though I'm quite sure it wont happen...

Btw, any hints on bands that will be announced on the 29th? I'm kind of curious :mrgreen:

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:41 pm

How its possible to make that bad lineup? I thought last year was bad but... this is not great either

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:38 pm

For me the lineup is ok. I miss Paradise Lost, cause we get Katatonia and Bloodbath.

But some nice bands for me are there like Dordeduh, Iced Earth, The Foreshadowing, Opeth, Doro, Bloodbath, Katatonia, MGLA :)

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

Can't say the line-up is a surprise, it's always been quite mediocre (except maybe 2013). So as usual, about 9 or 10 interesting bands, which is sad for a 5 day fest.
If I finally go, would be really happy to see Absu and Batushka for the first time. Other stuff like Hell and Mgla are worth it too but I'll see how the summer shapes up...

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Wombat wrote:
Can't say the line-up is a surprise, it's always been quite mediocre (except maybe 2013). So as usual, about 9 or 10 interesting bands, which is sad for a 5 day fest.

yeah this festival has become mainsteam metal festival

so far 4-5 good bands and few "maybe if I have nothing better to do"-bands :|

so looks like this could be the last MD for me (we skipped 2015-2016 because of poor bands) or atleast I wont be buying tickets ever again for this festival before I see the bands

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:02 am

Last year I saw interview with Boban bragging how they invited only true (non big commercial) metal names and how festival was sold out because of this.
This year he will most likely brag about how he got big mainstream rock name :roll:

Even those tiny moments which bring some hope like as example Shining one realize that it's not about about great Swedish Shining, but some boring Norwegian Shining.
Yeah, crappy lineup considering you need to look at 3rd or even 5th line (middle/smaller bands) at flyer to find somemthing at least a bit interesting.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:26 am

I don't think MD is or will be a "big mainstream fest" coz it simply does not have the capacity (it will never have 50k+ people like Hellfest, Graspop, Wacken, etc...).

They sell a limited number of tickets for a popular and well known european summer fest (12k isn't much). But they should rather take advantage of this and work a bit more on line-up quality.

Most of the crowd are usually regulars, the unique location, limited tickets to sell and the fact that most people don't go to MD for the bands (let's face it, this is generally the case) means they have ALL the ingredients to bring more interesting, quality underground/less-well-known bands (not talking of those on the new comer bill) instead of all this big label crap that we see everywhere, every year (this is probably the biggest issue IMO).

Even some "smaller" bands are really really bad (Angelus Apatrida, Lost Society, Crisix... did you deliberately bring the worst of the worst?).
Would the festival really be affected if you get Coroner instead of Death Angel? Or Autopsy in place of Amon Amarth? I doubt it. Might be even better as these shit and/or boring bands usually cost more than other bands.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Wombat wrote:
I don't think MD is or will be a "big mainstream fest" coz it simply does not have the capacity (it will never have 50k+ people like Hellfest, Graspop, Wacken, etc...).

still they have had "mainstream" bands few years now like you stated

Wombat wrote:
Most of the crowd are usually regulars, the unique location, limited tickets to sell and the fact that most people don't go to MD for the bands (let's face it, this is generally the case) means they have ALL the ingredients to bring more interesting, quality underground/less-well-known bands (not talking of those on the new comer bill) instead of all this big label crap that we see everywhere, every year (this is probably the biggest issue IMO).

or they have found their comfy level that no need to make an effort because people come no matter of band quality

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:38 am

Lifemocker wrote:
or they have found their comfy level that no need to make an effort because people come no matter of band quality

Of course, I think this is most likely the case.

But anyway, I'm gonna make reasonable suggestions for the TBA bands, though I think the organizers can't be bothered (one can hope :lol: ):

- Morbid Angel, Metal Church or Electric Wizard for the co-headline spot.
- Urfaust, Desaster, Nails, D666, Asphyx, Oranssi Pazuzu, Bongripper, Emptiness, Trap Them, Schammasch, Jig-Ai or The Great Old Ones somewhere in the 2nd/3rd line of bands.

Even half of these would make the line-up quite decent, and they're all active and playing regualrly. Quite sure there is no reason why they wouldn't be available.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:50 pm

I'm still counting on Paradise Lost as the last band of the line-up.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next